TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 24-Sep-2012, 6:12 PM   #21
trek_fool

That was a typo, ABC is the weakest signal. I first tested the antenna in the attic with a 50ft coax cable, and received all of them. Having mounted it outside I've added about 40 feet to the existing cable line. The roof section it's mounted on is not the main roof line, which is taller. The main roof does not obstruct the 90deg. direction from this vantage point, since it is pitched on all four sides (hip roof).

See photos attached to my 12-Aug-2012, 3:32 PM post. I did not feel confident I could scale the 45deg pitch roof and install the antenna at a higher location.

A 10db amp would probably suffice.

Last edited by trek_fool; 24-Sep-2012 at 6:38 PM.
trek_fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Sep-2012, 2:08 AM   #22
trek_fool

Now that the antenna is up...

I found an unmarked envelope in my mailbox yesterday. It was an anonymous letter along with a copy of the restrictive covenants of the subdivison. The letter started friendly enough and, being new to the neighborhood, assumed I was not aware of certain guidelines. The homeowner continued that they and others noticed the front antenna and asked that I remove it immediately, stating this type of addition will not have a positive affect on home values.

They did not give any contact info.

I have two choices: Ignore the letter (I'm sure they'll take their grievance to the HOA), or move the antenna. I don't want to alienate my neighbors, but have noticed more than one home in the neighborhood that has a front mounted dish, so it does seem a bit unfair that I should be singled out.

Last edited by trek_fool; 27-Sep-2012 at 2:30 AM.
Old 27-Sep-2012, 2:42 AM   #23
teleview

Most likely from close by neigh-boors.

An example of what some humans are really like, hate , stupidity , ignorance , misery.

Antennas are made of metal and plastic. To dislike even hate metal and plastic , shows what some humans are really like.

To use something , in this case a Tv antenna to put their , hate , stupidity , ignorance , misery , off on you and others.

You see it is not only the antenna , these humans? , will use any thing or situation to make others suffer.

And it is not only you , they are Beating on others to join them in their mission to make you suffer.

The Federal Antenna Law is written to protect you and many others.

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

Last edited by teleview; 27-Sep-2012 at 3:01 AM. Reason: Deleting spam style content
Old 27-Sep-2012, 2:55 AM   #24
teleview

The ANT751 is a small antenna for reception of local Tv transmissions , and that is what you are receiving.

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 27-Sep-2012 at 5:07 PM. Reason: Deleteing spam style content
Old 27-Sep-2012, 2:58 AM   #25
trek_fool

The restriction that was highlighted reads as follows:

"No alteration in the exterior appearance of the buildings or structures shall be made without like approval. Notwithstanding, the foregoing, the Architectural Control Committee shall have the right to make such exceptions to these restrictions as the Committee shall deem necessary, appropriate or proper."

Its very broad in scope and the foregoing paragraph says the committee may reject proposals on purely aesthetic grounds.

Anyone experience this before? What was the outcome?
Old 27-Sep-2012, 3:07 AM   #26
teleview

HOA's and housing coven-nuts are well aware of the Federal Antenna Law , yet still try and _______.

The Federal Antenna Law is your protection.http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html.

The Federal Antenna Law has many links of cases that are like yours , The Federal Antenna Law is to protect you and many others.

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 27-Sep-2012 at 5:08 PM. Reason: Deleting spam style content