TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 3-Sep-2011, 4:47 AM   #1
bwilson

Stubborn signal 30634

Why can't I pull WMYA along with all other stations surrounding? I have arieal aimed straight towards transmitter. No problem with WLOS down to WNEH. I am so confused. The only time I do pull WMYA is when aiming opposite (W.N.W.), of course breaking up the rest of my line up.
Attached Images
File Type: png Radar-All.png (76.8 KB, 515 views)
bwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-Sep-2011, 5:24 AM   #2
John Candle

Tv Antennas and Reception

Here is how to aim a antenna , http://www.kyes.com/antenna/pointing/pointing.html. WLOS VHF channel 13 is at 12 degree magnetic compass , WMYA UHF channel 14 is at 56 degree magnetic compass , WNEH UHF channel 18 is at 80 degree magnetic compass. That puts WMYA in the middle , thats good. I have a question , What antenna are you using??
John Candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4-Sep-2011, 12:07 AM   #3
bwilson

antennacraft colorstarc490 with pre amp. I guess my LOS is blocked huh? I have 90-100 % strength on the rest of my channels (4-62) all day long.

Last edited by bwilson; 4-Sep-2011 at 12:22 AM.
Old 4-Sep-2011, 1:39 AM   #4
John Candle

Is the preamp a radio shack preamp , model number?? / antenna craft preamp model number?? Or what make and model number is the preamp?? And now for a test , Disconnect the preamp completely , disconnect the outside unit , disconnect the inside unit , disconnect the power supply or power injector , disconnect any thing that has to do with the preamp. Now replace the matching transformer with a known to be good matching transformer that connects the antenna to the coax and run a known to be good coax direct to one Tv. No splitters , No amplifiers , No coax grounding blocks , No nothing. It's , antenna , matching transformer , coax , converter box or Tv. Is WMUR being received now.
Old 4-Sep-2011, 1:58 AM   #5
bwilson

radio shack 15-259. ( no actual noise specs listed) Can't access roof 2nite. Just curious, can my internet sat. dish ant. mounted directly below on ground have impact on situation?
Old 4-Sep-2011, 3:44 AM   #6
John Candle

Any and All radio shack antenna preamplifiers and antenna booster amplifiers and distribution amplifiers are do not buy and do not install and do not use. And the ones with the adjustable gain are the worst of all. Please explain what you are trying to say , about the satellite dish , mounted directly below on the ground. The satellite dish is mounted at ground level?? Are the antenna and satellite dish mounted one on top of the other?? Are the satellite dish and antenna separated?? And if so how much distance?? Are the satellite dish system and antenna system connected to gather in , any way , shape or forum??

Last edited by John Candle; 4-Sep-2011 at 9:10 AM.