TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 28-Jul-2010, 5:32 PM   #21
chumster

Ok guys I want to send out a BIG thank you for all the information. I hooked up the digital tv and bingo I hit the jackpot. It was the converter box, but the new antenna that Billiam suggested is working great. My sister cant believe the quality is better than on dish network. Now all I need to do is ground it and add a rotor. Any suggestions on a rotor? Here is the list of channels I got:

3.1 WPSU pbs
3.2 WPSU create pbs
3.3 WPSU world pbs
6.1 WJAC nbc
6.2 RTV
10.1 WTAJ cbs
23.1 WATM abc
23.2 WATM abc
23.3 WWCP fox
29.1 WHVL
29.2 WHVLa
47.1 Cornerstone

I cant a the CW, but they are supposed to put in a tower closer to Johnstown since the Pittsburgh CW serves our area as well. I am VERY pleased.

Last edited by chumster; 28-Jul-2010 at 5:33 PM. Reason: spelling
chumster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-Jul-2010, 5:36 PM   #22
Billiam

You can't go wrong with either the 91xg or MXU59 in a multipath environment. I am very pleased with both of these models.

I just ordered the Centronicks AR500XL. Another guy that post here has recommended it and I think that will be adequate for the antenna that you are using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumster View Post
Ok guys I want to send out a BIG thank you for all the information. I hooked up the digital tv and bingo I hit the jackpot. It was the converter box, but the new antenna that Billiam suggested is working great. My sister cant believe the quality is better than on dish network. Now all I need to do is ground it and add a rotor. Any suggestions on a rotor? Here is the list of channels I got:

3.1 WPSU pbs
3.2 WPSU create pbs
3.3 WPSU world pbs
6.1 WJAC nbc
6.2 RTV
10.1 WTAJ cbs
23.1 WATM abc
23.2 WATM abc
23.3 WWCP fox
29.1 WHVL
29.2 WHVLa
47.1 Cornerstone

I cant a the CW, but they are supposed to put in a tower closer to Johnstown since the Pittsburgh CW serves our area as well. I am VERY pleased.
Billiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-Jul-2010, 6:16 PM   #23
Dave Loudin

Quote:
3.1 WPSU pbs
3.2 WPSU create pbs
3.3 WPSU world pbs
6.1 WJAC nbc
6.2 RTV
10.1 WTAJ cbs
23.1 WATM abc
23.2 WATM abc
23.3 WWCP fox
29.1 WHVL
29.2 WHVLa
47.1 Cornerstone
Wow! WPSU (NM of -12) and WHVL-LD (NM of -16) are great catches! To translate this into real channels, that would be:

15 WPSU
22 WJAC (repeater)
24 WATM
27 WHVL-LD
32 WTAJ
46 WKBS
Dave Loudin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-Jul-2010, 7:15 PM   #24
chumster

Do I need special wire for the rotor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
You can't go wrong with either the 91xg or MXU59 in a multipath environment. I am very pleased with both of these models.

I just ordered the Centronicks AR500XL. Another guy that post here has recommended it and I think that will be adequate for the antenna that you are using.
Old 28-Jul-2010, 7:23 PM   #25
Billiam

Standard rotor cable should be fine. 3 conductor wire I think is what works for most rotors. The Centronics uses 3 conductor wire.
Old 28-Jul-2010, 7:51 PM   #26
chumster

Thanks again for the information. I want to make sure I understand the grounding procedure. I am going to order a 4ft copper grounding rod, a grounding block, and #10 copper wire. is that all I need? I want to make sure before I place my order. Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
Standard rotor cable should be fine. 3 conductor wire I think is what works for most rotors. The Centronics uses 3 conductor wire.
Old 29-Jul-2010, 3:46 PM   #27
Billiam

Quote:
Thanks again for the information. I want to make sure I understand the grounding procedure. I am going to order a 4ft copper grounding rod, a grounding block, and #10 copper wire. is that all I need? I want to make sure before I place my order. Thanks again!
Best to consult a local electrician that is up on your local building codes.

I do know this. You should use 6 or maybe 8 gauge wire and best to use a 8 foot copper rod for the ground.