TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 30-Nov-2011, 3:46 AM   #1
dodgeman1973

need help with reception

the place i moved into has an outdoor antenna about 25 feet up in the air. i don't know much about the antenna except that its an older model and is vhf/uhf,with no pre amp. on my tv fool i get all the green channels and the only channel in the red i get is wmc. i would like to get wlmt and wreg. both wlmt and wreg came in great on thanksgiving day at 80% and were gone the next day. http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...ec120d0eb2d38a
dodgeman1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-Nov-2011, 8:11 AM   #2
GroundUrMast

All of the cable and connectors should be inspected for signs of corrosion or water intrusion. Once water has entered the coax, it should be replaced.

If you can consider a tower or other means to safely mount higher, it would be helpful to see a TVFR based on the higher AGL.

If I were starting from scratch, using the 25' AGL signal predictions, I'd opt for a big all channel antenna such as the Winegard HD8200U and a high input preamp such as the Winegard HDP-269 or the Antennas Direct CPA-19. The reason I would opt for such a big antenna is that I don't see any other hope of receiving an NBC affiliate. Realistically, a reliable WMC is VERY optimistic. A heavy duty rotator would also be needed.

If your existing antenna does not have bent or broken parts and the connection terminals are not corroded, you may want to try adding a preamp before replacing the antenna.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 12-Dec-2011 at 4:58 PM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-Nov-2011, 4:16 PM   #3
dodgeman1973

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundUrMast View Post
All of the cable and connectors should be inspected for signs of corrosion or water intrusion. Once water has entered the coax, it should be replaced.

If you can consider a tower or other means to safely mount higher, it would be helpful to see a TVFR based on the higher AGL.

If I were starting from scratch, using the 25' AGL signal predictions, I'd opt for a big all channel antenna such as the Winegard HD8200U and a high input preamp such as the Winegard HDP-269 or the Antennas Direct CPA-19.

If your existing antenna does not have bent or broken parts and the connection terminals are not corroded, you may want to try adding a preamp before replacing the antenna.
thanks!! a few of the vhf elements are bent.
dodgeman1973 is offline   Reply With Quote