TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 7-Oct-2014, 4:45 PM   #1
Obsidian231

What's best antenna for most channels for my location?

Tv fool report.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...d2433a9b158659

I'm looking for best setup to get all channels possible. Is 2 long range antennas setup better uhf,vhf? Would my situation be better with a long range combo?

I have a tripod and the antenna system will be mounted at least 30ft on house. Some trees but mostly single file or above smaller ones. I do plan on getting a rotor also.

Been looking at 8800u,7698,hd1850 etc. Trying to figure out what best longest range antenna i can get for my area.

on a side note I built a reflector-less dbgh antenna and can receive 12.1,22.1 and also 16 and 39 but snowy on windier days. antenna is currently 10 ft off ground.

I guess looking for best long range or fringe antenna if anybody thinks it will help in my situation. Would like to get it ordered and installed before snow flies here.

Last edited by Obsidian231; 7-Oct-2014 at 4:48 PM.
Obsidian231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8-Oct-2014, 5:52 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

The HD1850 includes the long elements that cover real channels 2 through 6. I don't see any signals on your report that would suggest the need for that capability.

The UHF only 8800 and similar antennas would leave you without support for real channels 7 through 13.

The HD7698P is the most appropriate antenna in your list. The HBU-55 would be a direct competitor.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote