TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 20-Jan-2015, 8:05 PM   #1
Alan909

DB8e Questions???

Window shopping to buy my first DB8e antenna and saw many venders was not in stock...did they stop production??? and heard they might have them again in 3 to 4 weeks...
Also was wondering about the VHF Attachment Kit(for the DB8e) for $15...has anyone used these???...and can you add more than one???
And third, any feedback on anyone using the DB8e??? pros and cons???
Alan909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Jan-2015, 8:22 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

We actually have "high quality" problem.

We've sold through more inventory in the last 90 days than was forecasted so we're currently out of inventory and the DB8e SKU is back ordered. They should be back in stock somewhere mid-late February (ish). West coast port handling has been a bit sticky for the last few months due to labor issues, so it's not possible to accurately say when to expect them. Some of the stuff is flying right through the port quickly, other stuff is sitting for days or weeks before moving.

I did the field trials on the VHF-1. It was found to be a pretty good high-VHF element and comes with its own diplexer already built in. We suggest if for short-to-moderate high VHF reception needs but keep in mind it is not a substitute for a higher gain antenna where more gain is needed.

I suppose you could use two of them in a turnstile arrangement if you wanted to give it a shot and needed reception for multiple directions, but I haven't tried it since I don't have any VHF stations in the necessary directions anywhere close to me.

I also did the field trials for the DB8e prior to its launch. It more than met our expectations for an 8-bay UHF antenna.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Jan-2015, 9:08 PM   #3
Alan909

Thank you so much for a quick reply...Falling ice ruined my Winegard few days ago so I have a long wish list to order from Antennas direct when I get my income tax return...including the DB8e and the PA18 Amp...I would very much like getting on your waiting list, I live near Erie, Pa.
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...2c15ba61dac645
Alan909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Jan-2015, 10:06 PM   #4
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Your chart doesn't say "DB8e + PA18" to me for your Erie stations.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Jan-2015, 11:15 PM   #5
Jake V

Your TV Fool Report is only resolved to the block level. It may or may not be accurate. Consider following the instructions here to generate a more accurate report.

But, for the report you provided, listen to ADTech. If you want a DB-8e then you'd need something like the Antennacraft Y10713 for channel 12 / NBC.

Since your channels are all close, you might consider something like an HBU-44 or even an HBU-55.

But post a better TV Fool Report. Union City is in a valley with mountains between you and the towers. Your exact location might make a huge difference.
Jake V is offline   Reply With Quote