TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 15-Oct-2011, 3:31 PM   #1
Gap626

Winegard 7698P in the attic?

To begin, thank you to everyone for the great advice that you have provided in the threads. I read a few hundred posts and I have the start of a plan. I wanted to post my plan prior to wasting hard-earned money and get some expert opinions as well.

I have a ranch style home with a standard plywood sheet roof and clay tiles. I have easy access to the attic and there is plenty of room to set up an antenna. There are 3 tall pine trees in my front yard and a large aspen tree across the street that block my direct line of sight to the Cheyenne Mountain towers. I attached my coverage map to the post to give an idea of what my view is. I was thinking about installing a winegard hd7698p antenna in the attic and then running the coax into the basement where I have a splitter already installed from cable. The signal would feed 3 HDTVs throughout the house.

If the antenna is the right setup, does anyone have any recommendations on mounting the antenna in the attic (ca. 3-4 feet of clearance)? Do I need to buy an amplifier to boost my signal?

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Once again, thank you to everyone for passing on your many years worth of expertise.
Attached Images
File Type: png 80918 Radar-All.png (69.7 KB, 533 views)
Gap626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Oct-2011, 6:39 AM   #2
John Candle

Tv Antennas and Reception

Gap 626 also has a second post with a live radar plot , This radar plot is a picture and it is dead.

Last edited by John Candle; 17-Oct-2011 at 6:43 AM.
John Candle is offline   Reply With Quote