TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 4-Sep-2011, 9:00 PM   #1
alanvac

Richmond, British Columbia

Hi there,
The networks in British Columbia, Canada just went all digital. I would appreciate any antenna recommendations that will pick up the free digital signals. Unfortunately, Richmond is located at sea level. I can locate an antenna in the attic of a two story house.

Reference: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...8387706a88a04b

Kind Regards,

Alanvac
alanvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4-Sep-2011, 11:02 PM   #2
Tigerbangs
TV Reception Maven

Send a message via AIM to Tigerbangs Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerbangs
I can make a suggestion to you that would probably work, but I suggest that you consult the OTA forum at www.digitalhome.ca, which will have lots of people in the same boat as you are. Canada's digital transition has evolved a bit differently than in the USA, and Stampeder, the moderator of the OTA forum at digitalhome.ca is a friend, and very knowledgeable about the Vancouver-Victoria digital transition, as he lives in Surrey. Tell him Tigerbangs said hello!
Tigerbangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Sep-2011, 2:32 AM   #3
John Candle

Tv Antennas and Reception

I will recommend antenna/antennas that receive the American and Canada stations. Your Digital Tv reception looks very good , the Tv transmissions are strong and are LOS = Line Of Sight. Are using a antenna now , if so what type. How many Tv's will be connected??
John Candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-Sep-2011, 4:12 AM   #4
alanvac

Thanks from Richmond BC

Before BC went digital we able to pick up a few channels with just rabbit ears each local to the two TV's that we have. One TV is digital and I have a box for the older TV. Now it is blue screen or just snow. The home if wired for for cable - I was thinking of just mounting a new antenna in the attic and splice it into the existing circuits.

Thanks again,

Alanvac
Old 12-Sep-2011, 4:37 AM   #5
GroundUrMast

Provided your attic construction does not include metal or other material that attenuates or blocks RF, a 4-bay panel antenna such as the Antennas DIrect DB-4, the Winegard HD4400, the Channel Master CM-4221 or the Antennacraft U4000 should offer reception of your local digital stations. The antenna should face northeast.

There is a high probability that you would also see the three US stations broadcasting from Orcas Island. KVOS offers old syndicated reruns and music videos, KBCB is a shopping channel and Spanish language station, K24IC is a translator for KBTC, a PBS station in Tacoma that also carries State of WA TVW programming.

Be sure to set the tuner to receive 'air' or 'antenna' not 'cable'.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 12-Sep-2011 at 4:40 AM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-Sep-2011, 7:10 PM   #6
alanvac

GroundUrMast,

Thanks very much for your input! I will heed your advice and puchase 1 of the 4 antennas that you recommended.

Regards,

Alanvac from Richmond, BC