TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 9-Mar-2015, 10:19 AM   #21
eggman531916

I made the error.

The error was made when didn't double check where my 12 year old son was holding the tape measure. I just assumed it was in the right spot. I chalked a line and started cutting through 75 inches of 1"x2"x36" fencing. It was about 2" off. Basically, I'm using original sized elements (7" zigzags w/ 5.6" stubs), 88mm spacing between elements, 5" spacing between bottom of top element and top of bottom element. Planning on using 2" spacing between the transmission lines, 1"-2" in front of the elements. I don't have an acual link, I'm just going by what I've read here and there on the forums. If anything in my plan sounds faulty, by all means, please tell me. Thank you.
eggman531916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9-Mar-2015, 10:54 AM   #22
Jason l

My big question is where do to get 1"x2"fencing ? I spent hrs making my reflectors with wire. Because I can't find 1" lateral fencing. Any one ?
Jason l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9-Mar-2015, 8:35 PM   #23
eggman531916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason l View Post
My big question is where do to get 1"x2"fencing ? I spent hrs making my reflectors with wire. Because I can't find 1" lateral fencing. Any one ?
It was EXTREMELY hard to find without buying full rolls of the stuff online. Luckily, I was in a surplus store about 25 miles from here and they sold it by the foot. It's the ONLY place I've found it.
Old 16-Mar-2015, 3:45 AM   #24
eggman531916

Almost Done! Just another question or two.

Ok everyone, I want to thank everyone for their help. I've had a few setbacks as of late, so it's still not up yet. It's about 75" high and 36" wide. Painted dark green (except the elements and transmission lines). But, as usual, I have a question. How important is it that the transmission lines remain perfectly parallel to the elements and how important is it that the lines come together at a 90 degree angle to the elements? Mine are about 2" apart, but from the feedpoints the lines angle down from the top element toward the bottom and vice versa from the bottom elements before the 90 degree angle that puts the lines in front of the elements. Will that matter? Hope that isn't too confusing.
Old 26-Mar-2015, 1:40 AM   #25
eggman531916

It's Done! Finally!

Ok, I don't have any pictures here because I can't seem to figure out how to put them on. Anyways, I CAN tell you all about the results. With my Db8, my signals were as follows, Ch. 24: 38-40, Ch. 32: 17-18, Ch. 34:19, Ch. 47: 14-15 (heavily pixelated). With my DBGH, the signal were as follows, Ch.24: 49-52, Ch. 32: 17-18, Ch. 34: 17-18, Ch. 47: 17. So, while most channels were about the same, Channels 24 and 47 definately increased. I also realized that my antenna location is far from perfect as I think signal may be partially blocked by the neighbor's house. Hopefully, I can get it up on the roof soon which should clear up any blockages. Oh, and I painted it dark green. Thanks for all the help everyone. If I can figure out how to get pictures on here I'll post them. Thanks again.