TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Special Forums > General Site Feedback / Discussion

Notices

Old 29-Apr-2021, 2:21 AM   #1
videobruce

Excessive 'stickies, most over 5 years old

In the 'Antennas' sub forum there are around 24 'stickies; of which 16 are over 5 years when the last post was made. Some as old as 10 years.

Why haven't those been unstuck?? It's rediculus the 1st page of that sub-forum is taken up with outdated topics.
Old 7-May-2021, 9:35 PM   #2
bobsgarage
Antenna Enthusiast

It's a great forum just no administrators.

This forum kind of runs itself, there's hardly any administrators.
I do see what you're saying about those antennas. The stickies are old maybe it should be its own forum called "Vintage antennas".

I thought to myself this would be a great forum to modernize. For example, uploading photos if you have more than a couple of can take you quite a long time.

They redid the AVS and the Canadian digital home forum and they work quite well. If only we could get this site up to speed.

Last edited by bobsgarage; 14-May-2021 at 3:00 AM.
bobsgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9-May-2021, 12:30 AM   #3
videobruce

It's not a software issue, there isn't anything really wrong with what they have now. New isn't better.
Just who owns this? Someone is paying the bills, this doesn't run for free. It just needs housecleaning a bit. Situations like this kill forums.

It's not that there isn't interest in this forum. Look at the 'views' count for this thread in a week or so.
Old 14-May-2021, 3:03 AM   #4
bobsgarage
Antenna Enthusiast

Forum needs help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
It's not a software issue, there isn't anything really wrong with what they have now. New isn't better.
Just who owns this? Someone is paying the bills, this doesn't run for free. It just needs housecleaning a bit. Situations like this kill forums.

It's not that there isn't interest in this forum. Look at the 'views' count for this thread in a week or so.
The Forum software may not be the main problem here, but dammit, why is it so hard to upload a photo here? Attachment procedure is painful here. It needs to be modernized.

I am a member of the Snap-on beta test group and we use the exact same forum template software and you can upload 10 photos at one time without any special copy and paste BS. You just pick 10 photos and upload them. It doesn't automatically resize the photos though. So, if the photo is larger than 1024 x 1024 it will not upload. So then you have to resize them. Then attaching them isn't all that easy either but it works. But let's face it even the cheapest cell phone taken photos larger than 1024 x 1024. I use a program called photo resizer on my phone.

That's why you don't see a lot of post with photos. Nobody wants to go through the trouble.

Last edited by bobsgarage; 26-Jul-2021 at 2:19 PM. Reason: Details about uploading photos
bobsgarage is offline   Reply With Quote