TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Special Forums > General Site Feedback / Discussion

Notices

Old 15-Jun-2016, 1:05 PM   #1
seeyabarney

Pre Amp Power Inserter

I'm really in need of some advice concerning my preamp and power inserter. I recently bought a CM-7777 preamp and hooked it up to the power inserter. No channels. So, I took an old RCA TVPRAMP1R power inserter and hooked it up to the CM-7777. Now I get all my channels. I went out and bought a replacement power inserter and ac adapter for the CM-7777 but it still doesn't work. I hate to keep using the RCA power inserter because it gets a little hot. Any ideas on why this is happening? Thank you.
Craig
seeyabarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-Jun-2016, 2:16 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Call Channel Master directly for support. That's what their folks get paid to do.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-Jun-2016, 4:20 PM   #3
seeyabarney

Channel Master

Actually I did contact Channel Master and they just said to buy the CM-7778. Not much help, that's why I tried the forum. Thank you.
Old 15-Jun-2016, 8:01 PM   #4
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

They probably gave you the correct advice, but there's too much information missing in your posts to be sure. The 7777 is very susceptible to internal overloading in the presence of even moderate signals, causing a complete loss of reception. It's usage should be reserved only for those who have the test equipment and knowledge of when and how to use it, IMHO. FWIW, CM recommends it ONLY for locations where ALL stations are beyond 80 miles....

The RCA's power inserter is not capable of supplying adequate operating power to a 7777 so it's pretty likely that the 7777 is operating in a power-starved, lower gain mode than it was designed to function. Ironically, this allows the amp to function somewhat but at the expense of a severely taxed power supply which is apt to fail in relatively short order from overheating.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 15-Jun-2016 at 8:03 PM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Jun-2016, 2:21 AM   #5
seeyabarney

Cm-7777

Thank you. I really do appreciate your advice. It does help me. Thanks again.