TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 14-Mar-2015, 2:51 AM   #1
oregonrebel

Help with antenna options in Oregon.

Hey folks,
I've attached the link for my TVfool link below. I live about 45 miles from the the broadcasters i want to receive. I recently moved and brought my old CM 4228(not HD version) with me that i had planned to use but never did. I decided to try it for the heck of it and set up a mast that's about 20 ft. The best signal i can get is about 65 according to my TV. I get the following channels:
KGW 8
PBS 10
KPTV 12
KPXG 22
KPDX 30
Koin 40
KNMT 45
KATU 43
KRCW 33

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...f1f092c6c4155f

I'm aiming in the 12-13 degree area and am getting between 55-65 at best. I was looking at getting a new antenna and would like some advice about which antenna to get? Im looking to get a Hi-VHF and UHF as well?

Hopefully i included all the necessary info. I do have a fairly tall treeline on my neighbors property but i do have the antenna aimed through a open spot between trees thats about 40 ft wide.

Last edited by oregonrebel; 14-Mar-2015 at 2:55 AM. Reason: add tvfool
oregonrebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-Mar-2015, 11:59 AM   #2
Tower Guy

Before replacing the antenna I'd try a preamp. The TVPRAMP-1R is reasonably cheap.
Tower Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-Mar-2015, 3:55 PM   #3
GroundUrMast

Given the demise of Radio Shack and the Antennacraft Brand, I'd jump on the opportunity to purchase one of the last remaining Y10713 H-VHF antennas stocked by solidsignal.com. It's not impossible to hope one could resell it at a profit if it proved unneeded.

Otherwise I would completely agree with the stepped approach suggested by TowerGuy.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote