TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 16-Feb-2015, 11:41 PM   #1
ezrider

Condo Antenna Help

Looking for advice on an antenna for a 8th floor, Southwest facing balcony I'll be moving to this week. Will be trying rabbit ears first, but not expecting much. I'm considering the Clearstream 2V, but would love your opinion. Thanks!

TV Fool Report: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...2c15ccb58071bb
ezrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Feb-2015, 12:08 AM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Without a NE-facing signal path, you will be at the mercy of your building and it's surroundings, making any prediction of reception largely irrelevant. If your building is common frame construction with vinyl siding, it won't be too bad. If, OTOH, it's all concrete, steel, and reflective glass, then all bets are off.

The C2V just happens to be my favorite antenna for indoor use. I've tested almost all of the indoor antennas on the market and there aren't many even close to being in the same league. As it happens, you don't have any VHF signals in the area, so you really don't need the "V" version.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Feb-2015, 12:17 AM   #3
ezrider

Yeah, unfortunately the V version is the only one available locally in case I need to return/exchange.

Here's a streetview of the building. It's concrete, and what I'm hoping for is to get the signal bouncing off the 2 highrises you can see across from me (south). Guess I'll see what happens. Thanks!
ezrider is offline   Reply With Quote