TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 19-Sep-2014, 2:34 PM   #1
Porkchop2879

Unhappy I lose FOX when I split the signal

I live at Derry rd. and Winston Churchill in Mississauga, Ontario. I have a DB4e, up about 30 feet, which clears the roof line of all the neighboring houses. The run to the splitter is around 40 feet, and then it runs through the house (no idea about the distance from the splitter to the other t.v.s.)
With this set up, I get 22 channels on 3 t.v.s throughout my house using a "left behind Rogers" powered splitter. The splitter says it is zero gain and zero loss. I am extremely happy with how the entire install has gone.

My problem is that with the splitter in the line, I lose WUTV - Fox. If the run goes directly to just one t.v. I get Fox. What can I try to get Fox when the splitter is introduced?

Thanks.
Porkchop2879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Sep-2014, 2:40 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Replace the unity gain cable amp with a mast-mounted medium gain (15-20 dB) high overload tolerant preamp and a passive splitter.

Moving the amp to the antenna will save a little over 2 dB of noise margin at its input. The gain of the aim will then compensate for the downstream losses for all the cabling and the passive splitter.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Sep-2014, 2:54 PM   #3
Porkchop2879

I think I understand

I think I understand. I can get that stuff at the same place where I bought my antenna. So...I guess Ill need to run a new cable for each t.v. from the "new" splitter which will now be up at the antenna....right?
Old 19-Sep-2014, 4:16 PM   #4
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

No. Replace the existing amp with the passive splitter. Install the pre-amp up at the antenna.

This diagram shows how (although the PA18 isn't suitable for your location): http://www.antennasdirect.com/cmss_f...itter_Opt1.pdf

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Sep-2014, 4:23 PM   #5
Porkchop2879

Thank you

Thanks. I understand. I'll pop into my local antenna place and bring your diagram with me.