TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 28-Jan-2011, 9:40 AM   #1
jklinetobe

diy help

I made a db4 antenna and having trouble I hooked it up and have 5 great channels and 3 channels the tv says 100 percent in signal but nothing in the snr(db) the other 5 have about 21snr and the signal is 77 percent what do I need to do? I live in tilden Ne 68781 what am I doing wrong getting so fusterated thank you for any and all help.
jklinetobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-Jan-2011, 10:20 AM   #2
John Candle

Tv Antennas and Reception

As the other question askers do. Do This--->http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=4 . . Seems like more home made antenna problems are happening. These home made UHF antennas are copies of 2 bay and 4 bay UHF antennas that have been around for a Very Long Time --> A Very Long Time. These copies of UHF antennas are not for VHF low band Tv reception of channels 2 thru 6. These copies of UHF Tv antennas are not all that great at receiving VHF high band channels 7 thru 13. And the the ones that you buy already made are not for the reception of VHF low band channels 2 thru 6 and VHF high band channels 7 thru 13. The metal receiving elements of the UHF antennas are sized for the reception of UHF channels 14 thru 69. . These antenna designs are Not some secret antenna designs that have been with held from every one. And they are not some magic design. These UHF antenna designs have been around for A Very Long Time.

Last edited by John Candle; 28-Jan-2011 at 6:24 PM.
John Candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-Jan-2011, 11:10 AM   #3
John Candle

Tv Antennas and Reception

To give you an idea of how long a time. The first commercial UHF Analog Tv Station to go on the air was KPTV UHF channel 27 , Portland Oregon , September 18 1952. And UHf television testing was happening before that. UHF Tv antenna designs were appearing in electronics magazines in the late 1940s , I have the magazines and books. There was a time when many people had at least some knowledge of Tv antennas. Now almost know one does. http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=1271

Last edited by John Candle; 28-Jan-2011 at 6:30 PM.
John Candle is offline   Reply With Quote