TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Special Forums > Welcome

Notices

Old 24-Apr-2014, 2:07 AM   #1
LocalBeach954

Need help last week.. now you let me post

Why the top secret set up for info on free airwaves? Don't wast your time registering up for this site.
LocalBeach954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Apr-2014, 8:29 AM   #2
GroundUrMast

I regret the inconvenience you and others have experienced.

Sadly the spammers have forced the admin to review every new member application. Not everyone involved with the web site is compensated. All have other obligations to give priority to at times.

Your understanding is appreciated.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-May-2015, 6:34 AM   #3
Xesvuli420

I totally agree with OP! There are things that are acceptable and things that are not! Waiting for over 48 hours for activation is not! Thankfully i was able to message the mod above this post, and he got things taken care for me! For that i am in your debts sir! Anyone else with the same situation i recommend doing the same.
Xesvuli420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-May-2015, 1:23 PM   #4
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

FYI, the moderator is an uncompensated volunteer and doesn't make the site rules.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-May-2015, 1:30 PM   #5
Xesvuli420

FYI Ive never seen a mod that was paid.

Being a moderator comes with responsibilities. I understand the forum rules for activation, i am not dissatisfied with that. What i am dissatisfied with is waiting over 48 hours before finally being activated. Keep in mind that even then it was only because i reached out to another mod to get it done.
Xesvuli420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-May-2015, 3:20 PM   #6
Jake V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xesvuli420 View Post
FYI Ive never seen a mod that was paid.

Being a moderator comes with responsibilities. I understand the forum rules for activation, i am not dissatisfied with that. What i am dissatisfied with is waiting over 48 hours before finally being activated. Keep in mind that even then it was only because i reached out to another mod to get it done.
I am only poster on this forum, but I administer another forum. In our registration email we specifically tell applicants that our administrators and moderators are all volunteers and typically check the registration queue once a day, and that they should allow up to 48 hours for their registration to be processed. It's not a matter of just clicking yes to approve the registration. It's also (for us) undergoing various checks of the applicant to verify they are not on the known lists of spammers. Each applicant takes a few minutes so you can't always get them all done in twenty seconds. I suggest that 48 hours is a very reasonable amount of time.
Jake V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-May-2015, 11:42 PM   #7
Tigerbangs
TV Reception Maven

Send a message via AIM to Tigerbangs Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerbangs
I was very surprised to see most of the previous posts on this forum have been removed. I used to be a contributor here, but, like most forums, the spam and the repetition of questions eventually caused me to lose interest. Ir would appear that the large number of people interested in cutting the cord has subsided, based on the number of new posts on this forum.
Tigerbangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-May-2015, 10:16 PM   #8
GroundUrMast

It's good to hear from you again Tigerbangs. I believe you'll find the vast majority of the activity continues in the Help with Reception section of the forum. My assessment of the interest in cord cutting is that it is still strong and the folks posting in HWR would be aided by your participation.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 2-Jun-2015 at 10:41 PM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Sep-2015, 1:59 AM   #9
Sorzy

I too am a new member and I'll make it short and create my own introduction thread. LocalBeach954, welcome to TVFool and sorry to hear you had to wait also. I hope you were able to find and or get the info and whatever else and got your stuff up and going.

I too had a long wait to get to the point to where I could actually post and comment. Close to 4 days maybe. Sent 2 emails to the webmaster. Didn't know what else to do. In the beginning it really frustrated me because I wanted advice. Just had to do more work and the work on my own rather then get my answers from those who have already done it.

Lastly, I thing in time you'll find more and more will be cutting ties with Dish, Directv and cable. Because more and more people are struggling.

On the other hand, I think more have already cut the cable then you think. They just either did it on their own or went to a place that sells the stuff or some other forum. It's my opinion not many know this website exists. And if they do, because it takes to long, they decided to go elsewhere or do what I did or put it on hold.

Anyhow, didn't mean to hi-jack your thread. Look for my own introduction and other threads as I have some questions, issues and concerns.
Sorzy is offline   Reply With Quote