TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 4-Apr-2011, 2:04 AM   #1
Sigel10

Need outside Digital antenna for Sigel PA

I am looking to install an outside digital antenna for a Sigel PA location.

Below is my report:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...8d17a2bad0d96f

I welcome any antenna suggestions for the type of antennas that will work best for this area.
Sigel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4-Apr-2011, 3:53 AM   #2
GroundUrMast

PBS and a religious broadcaster will be fairly easy to receive. After that you will need to use the largest available antenna. Two competitors, Antennas Direct XG91 and Winegard HD9032. If you can not safely mount so as to put the antenna above the nearby foliage and obstructions, I expect you will see some but not all of the major networks reliably.

You would also need a high quality preamp such as the Antennas Direct CPA19 and a rotator. The Channel Master CM-9521 is a consumer grade option, the Hy-Gain AR-40 is a more substantial piece of equipment as it's price suggests.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4-Apr-2011, 4:28 AM   #3
chumster

I live in PA as well, and the best antenna for me was the Antennas Direct XG91 with a pre-amp and rotor. I tried many antennas until I visited this site and was pointed in the right direction.
chumster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4-Apr-2011, 4:48 AM   #4
John Candle

Tv antennas and Tv reception

Please make 2 more radar map reports with your actual address not just the street level. The actual address will not show up in the report but will give a accurate report. Also in the 2 new radar reports make the antenna heights 25 feet and 40 feet. This will give us helpers more correct information about your reception situation.
John Candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4-Apr-2011, 4:18 PM   #5
Sigel10

Need outside Digital antenna for Sigel PA

The actual address was entered, it includes the route number.

25 Feet
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...8d175b9ffb972b

40 Feet
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...8d17ecd0f44636

Hope this is helpful. Many thanks!
Sigel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Apr-2011, 7:58 AM   #6
John Candle

Tv Antennas and Reception

. Here is something that some people are aware of and yes it is true , http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=265

Last edited by John Candle; 8-Apr-2011 at 6:37 PM.
Old 8-Apr-2011, 7:13 PM   #7
John Candle

For reception of the Tv stations at 326 magnetic compass I recommend a Winegard HD7698P antenna with a Winegard AP8275 preamp. Antenna height at the location does not help that much , so mount the antenna on the roof at about 20 feet high from ground to antenna. WPSU PBS may come in on the back side of the antenna. If not and you will like to receive it then will need to ad a rotor such as the Channel Master rotor or will need to install a second antenna such as the 91XG. A preamp will not be needed with the 91XG pointed at WPSU for one or two Tv's. If you go with the 2 antenna system then the coax from the 2 separate antennas will not be connected together on to one coax. The 2 antenna systems will be separate. A remote control A/B switch will be used at the Tv or Tv's to switch antennas. If 2 Tv's are connected then use 2 way splitters with each antenna. Remote control A/B antenna switch - AB27RS . Channel Master antenna rotor - 9521A.

Last edited by John Candle; 12-Apr-2011 at 8:38 AM.