TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 25-Nov-2010, 2:08 PM   #1
GAPSenior

Need Some Advice - Newbie

Good Day All,

I am considering ditching my dish. From my report, it looks like I can get ABC, NBC, CBS, and PBS. I did not see that Fox was very viable. Any on hardware set up (equipment and setup) would be greatly appreciated. I can install antenna(s) on my roof. Thank you in advance.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...81a3144371f3e3
GAPSenior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Nov-2010, 6:09 PM   #2
Tower Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAPSenior View Post
Good Day All,

I am considering ditching my dish. From my report, it looks like I can get ABC, NBC, CBS, and PBS. I did not see that Fox was very viable. Any on hardware set up (equipment and setup) would be greatly appreciated. I can install antenna(s) on my roof. Thank you in advance.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...81a3144371f3e3
You may be limited to translators for many networks. The programming on them is hard to figure from TVfool.
Tower Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-Nov-2010, 3:08 AM   #3
John Candle

Tv Reception

If your location is in the Yreka area and the K47DV transmitter is to the south then your situation has variables. The transmitters are of several directions and the best way to find out if the transmitter is on the air or not is point a tv antenna at it and see. How many tv's will be connected ? If one antenna that will be the easyest. I recommend Winegard HD7084P and a rotor , Channelmaster CM9521A , or , http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=460 . . With a 3 foot tripod mount on the roof of a one story house. I went to the >>Start MAPS<< part of tvfool and raised the antenna height to see if signal strength would improve , it did not , as a matter of fact the signal strength goes down a little , this happens when a signal is being defracted across the tops of hills/mountains. I found by typing the stations call letters in the google search box. Digital channels K47DV NBC , K17BA ABC , KDRV ABC , K19GL PBS , KTVL CBS , K03HX PBS and Analog channels K04HE NBC , K53DY ?? , K13LO ?? , K06GP ?? , K41JP Fox . If more then one tv is to be connected then more the one antenna will be needed , KTVL CBS is in the opposite direction of the other network channels.

Last edited by John Candle; 26-Nov-2010 at 10:35 PM.
John Candle is offline   Reply With Quote