TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 1-Mar-2013, 3:31 AM   #1
bentmast23

Antenna advice for additional stations

Hello,

I currently have an attic mount antenna (4' bar style from Radio Shack, no amp., asphalt roof, 50' cable to 1 TV) which receives all the desired stations from 257 degrees fairly well.

The reason for my post is I would also like to get WEUX real ch.49 from 109 degrees. There are a few other stations from that general direction which would be a bonus but not a deal breaker. I'm in a bit of a hollow but there are no other obstructions. I'm guessing an attic mount isn't feasible but is there perhaps a roof mount, omni-directional antenna that could receive signals from both 257 and 109 degrees?

TVfool report:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...1ddac765dd5ec2

Thanks, your advice is greatly appreciated!
bentmast23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1-Mar-2013, 4:10 AM   #2
GroundUrMast

I'd pass on the omni...

Reception of WEUX calls for a highly directional, high gain UHF antenna. You certainly have a far better chance of reliable reception if you mount outside, clear of obstructions including vegetation and buildings.

I would use an Antennas Direct 91XG, DB8E or Winegard HD9095P. Precision tuned filters are needed when combining UHF antennas. As a result it's generally cost prohibitive for most consumers to combine two or more UHF antennas into a single coax. I would suggest using an A/B switch or accessory tuner. http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=2882. To do so calls for running new coax from the new antenna to each TV that will use the new antenna.

Equip the new antenna with an Antennas Direct CPA-19 preamp.

You're right, I would expect to see a total of three or four signals from the east.

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 1-Mar-2013 at 9:33 AM. Reason: comentary re. filter
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1-Mar-2013, 4:18 AM   #3
bentmast23

Thanks for the speedy advice GroundUrMast. As soon as the snow pack on the roof is gone, I'll apply your recommendations.
bentmast23 is offline   Reply With Quote