TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 17-Jan-2015, 9:10 PM   #1
gvbjr

Help with antenna recomendations

I live in a 2 story home located near the beach in southern NJ. I've looked at antennaweb and they say I can receive only 1 station. I'm not familiar with antennas whatsoever but looking at the maps on tvfool it appears that there may be a possibility that I could receive a fair amount of stations. I can mount the antenna on the roof approximately 30 ft high. This is the map
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...2c155a029e382e.
I'd like to get some opinions on what you think I might be able to receive and what kind of antenna I would need along with any other equipment. I would at least like to get the major channels if that is at all possible. Thank you for taking the time out to look at my request.
gvbjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Jan-2015, 11:57 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

It looks as if access to the major networks will require a large deep fringe antenna. I'd try the Winegard HD7084P pointed at 308° per a real compass. A good preamp would also be needed. The RCA TVPRAMP1R has been my 'go to' option for some time now, though I'm looking forward to seeing the new amp from Antennas Direct.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Jan-2015, 10:40 PM   #3
gvbjr

Thanks for your reply. That looks like a huge antenna. I guess when your as far out with the terrain that this is the best bet. Which one is the new amplifier?
gvbjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Jan-2015, 11:33 PM   #4
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
Which one is the new amplifier?
It hasn't been publicly launched by our Marketing department so it's not yet on the web site. You can get it from our inside sales if you call in and ask for it.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Jan-2015, 1:05 AM   #5
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
It hasn't been publicly launched by our Marketing department so it's not yet on the web site. You can get it from our inside sales if you call in and ask for it.
Can you share a few techie details about the preamp?
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote