TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 4-Mar-2015, 6:47 PM   #1
keller525

Best Set Top Antenna?

Looking for general recommendations for 1) Best indoor Omni-directional set-top antenna and 2) Best indoor directional set-top antenna.

Here is my TV Signal Report: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...f1f09df56425f2

I purchased a Terk OMNITV1A but it is working so-so because I have some power lines right out my window. The channels come in but they do get staggered quite often (even the strong stations). I'm thinking that it's less than optimal conditions for an omni-directional since the antenna is in a small room near power lines and there is metal-lath plaster in the walls. Maybe a directional antenna would work better?

This is for installation in an apartment so outdoor or attic is not an option for me.

Thanks!!!
keller525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4-Mar-2015, 7:43 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Do you at least have a south-facing window?

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Mar-2015, 12:44 AM   #3
GroundUrMast

Just to be sure... Is this thread dealing with a separate location than the one mentioned in your earlier thread?

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Mar-2015, 4:16 AM   #4
keller525

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundUrMast View Post
Just to be sure... Is this thread dealing with a separate location than the one mentioned in your earlier thread?
Yes. This location is my apartment in the city. The other is a house in Michigan.
Old 5-Mar-2015, 4:17 AM   #5
keller525

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
Do you at least have a south-facing window?
I do. There are tall buildings and power lines to my south however. I live in the city so it is a high density area. Good thing is that I am only 3 miles from the transmitter towers mounted a top the Hancock Building and the Sears Tower.

I went to Best Buy tonight and bought 5 different antennas including two different rabbit-ear antennas. I'm testing them all out in different locations - the rabbit ears seem to be performing on par with the $80 Terk.