TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 27-Apr-2015, 4:17 PM   #1
tclearinghouse

Mohu Leaf vs Clearstream 2v

I've been lurking a bit here and after seeing a lot of recommendations for Clearstream antennas I decided to make the switch from my Mohu Sky 60 to the Clearstream 2V.

First off here is my fool report:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...f1f02ef3e77515

My setup I have the antenna mounted about 10 feet in the air and it feeds a distribution amp for 4 sets. I live in an area surrounded by trees don't have a very good line of sight. While the Sky worked I got pretty poor reception on channels that should have been a pretty strong signal, specifically WNCT and WYDO. While it may have been aesthetically pleasing I just was never really happy with the reception on that antenna so I decided to make the switch.

Last Thursday I replaced the Sky with a Clearstream 2V. I figured worst case scenario it is no better and I return it to Best Buy but it ended up that the difference is night and day. Not only do the previous channels that would break up a bit come in perfect now, but I am able to receive WRAL and WRAZ out of Raleigh which never came in before. These NEVER came in with the Mohu Sky. Now I get every channel in the green and yellow in my report. Very satisfying!

I wish I had read this forum before I dropped the cash on the Mohu last year, it would have saved me the money. Almost as good as my much better reception is that I was even able to score the Clearstream 2V for $79.99 due to a pricing error on the shelf at Best Buy!

So thank you to alll for the good reading. I hope someone who reads this will not make the same mistake I did with the Mohu Sky. There are better antennas out there.
tclearinghouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Apr-2015, 5:08 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Tease....

I have some very telling comparison data that I collected a week and a half ago on a field trip between the Sky and a number of other antennas (ours and others). I'm still working on a presentation format but it will indeed expose some extremely pronounced performance differences....

The Leaf is yet another story of how a massive marketing campaign can work....

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 27-Apr-2015 at 5:33 PM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-Jan-2016, 6:39 PM   #3
shoman94

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
Tease....

I have some very telling comparison data that I collected a week and a half ago on a field trip between the Sky and a number of other antennas (ours and others). I'm still working on a presentation format but it will indeed expose some extremely pronounced performance differences....

The Leaf is yet another story of how a massive marketing campaign can work....
Is this presentation ready?
shoman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-Jan-2016, 7:44 PM   #4
ADTech

Marketing department decided to keep it for internal use only. Sorry.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Old 25-Jan-2016, 1:31 PM   #5
HoosierDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
Marketing department decided to keep it for internal use only. Sorry.
That seems odd, unless they are going to use that data in a marketing campaign of their own and want to keep it under wraps until then.

Otherwise, withholding data that would show your product to be superior to others would be extremely foolish.
Which leads me to wonder what it shows?

That being said, I just bought a 2V and test installed it right near the TV on the fireplace mantel. (10' AGL) First antenna I have tried.
It surprised the heck out of me. It rocks.
I can't wait to see what it will do up in the attic or out on the roof! (30-ish ft AGL)
No need to try a second antenna.
It will pay for itself in the first month.
HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-Jan-2016, 1:40 PM   #6
ADTech

They chose to take the high road and not get involved with comparison advertising, instead choosing to focus on the merits of our products taken on their own. Executive decision.

Glad to hear the C2V is working out for you. It's my favorite multi-purpose antenna since it "fits" in so many situations.