TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Special Topics > Antennas

Notices

Old 9-Aug-2022, 1:17 AM   #1
Tim

Calling CQ

"2X2L calling CQ, New York. Isn't there anyone on the air? Isn't there anyone on the air? Isn't there... anyone?"

From "The War of the Worlds" 1938 radio broadcast.

Is there anyone left on this forum? I stop in about once a week to look for new posts but never see anything.
Old 9-Aug-2022, 11:13 PM   #2
OTAFAN

Hi Tim:

I'm still here. Replied a few weeks ago to another thread who was requesting help with antenna selection.

But haven't seen much activity from other long-time posters, including rabbit73. I hope he's doing OK and in good health. Glad you're still on board.

There's a new post asking for antenna advice you might want to check out. It's a bit confusing to me as far as location and towers. I think the poster is somewhere in Southern New Hampshire, but I don't recognize their station numbers. They look more like our stations out here in So Cal???

Anyway, maybe you could clarify and help the poster?

73s

Last edited by OTAFAN; 11-Aug-2022 at 10:18 PM. Reason: spelling
OTAFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-Aug-2022, 6:48 PM   #3
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTAFAN View Post
Hi Tim:

I'm still here. Replied a few weeks ago to another thread who was requesting help with antenna selection.

But haven't seen much activity from other long-time posters, including rabbit73. I hope he's doing OK and in good health. Glad you're still on board.

There's a new post asking for antenna advice you might want to check out. It's a bit confusing to me as far as location and towers. I think the poster is somewhere in Southern New Hampshire, but I don't recognize their station numbers. They look more like our stations our here in So Cal???

Anyway, maybe you could clarify and help the poster?

73s
Hello OTAFAN. Good to see someone still on here!

I did see that post by tinkerer. Even though his member location shows southern New Hampshire he must have moved since joining. The Rabbit Ears report and the list of stations he said he wants to receive is in San Diego. He is evidently much closer to you than he is to me. I did reply to him with some general suggestions.
Old 11-Aug-2022, 12:01 AM   #4
OTAFAN

Ok Tim, that explains why I was seeing San Diego stations from what appeared as S New Hampshire! I thought you could clear things up a bit.

Since he's out my way now, I'll reply as well. Hopefully, it will help him enjoy OTA better.

Thanks much, Tim. Maybe other long-time posters will start chiming in again. In the meantime, I guess we'll try to keep the ship afloat!

All the best.....
OTAFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-Aug-2022, 8:54 PM   #5
tripelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
"2X2L calling CQ, New York. Isn't there anyone on the air? Isn't there anyone on the air? Isn't there... anyone?"
WB4LXU here.

Still occasionally check in to monitor activity.

Have a fondness for this forum probably due to the past usefulness of the TVfool signal reports.

73's to all.
tripelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-Aug-2022, 8:07 PM   #6
Tim

Well, tripelo, that makes three of us so far! LOL! The post has received 285 views so far, so there must be some lurkers out there who are not joining in.
Old 30-Nov-2022, 1:49 PM   #7
bobsgarage
Antenna Enthusiast

Bob's Garage still here

I'm still checking in, but not as often. I was trying to keep things alive with my antenna spotting posts, but there wasn't much activity even there. I may do a few more what if I find something interesting.

I think somebody could buy this forum and resurrect it. I wonder if it's for sale? Just another thing I don't have time for... ��

Oh, about Rabbit73. He's still around. He's been posting recently over on the AVS form but was quiet until recently. I've sent him a couple of "hey how you doing?" Messages but it's been a while since he replied. He's a beloved member of this community. He helped so many people consistently.

Last edited by bobsgarage; 30-Nov-2022 at 1:59 PM.
bobsgarage is offline   Reply With Quote