TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 25-May-2012, 3:21 AM   #1
RabidMonkey

Help with reception

Here's my TVFool info

I'm trying to get NBC Universal, channel 4.4. I can get the main NBC broadcast, channel 4.1 and 4.2 but get no signal on 4.4. I used to have DirecTV and made an "antenna" out of a can and a nail to watch the Olympics. I was able to receive 4.4 using that antenna in my old room. I'm still in the same house but a different room, just the one next to my old one. Now that I don't have DirecTV I bought a cheap antenna that was recommended by someone on here. I can't receive 4.4 using this antenna or my can antenna in my new room. I've tried directing the antenna in all directions.

Any suggestions? Thanks for the help.
RabidMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-May-2012, 4:37 AM   #2
Electron

All Questions and Information about Broadcast Tv Reception

NBC Universal Sports is no longer available over the air broadcast television.

As you may or may not know , Cable Tv now owns the controlling percentage of NBC.
The Federal Trade Commission and the FCC Federal Communications Commission , ask for public input before the deal went through.

Almost no one responded , so the deal went through.

http://universalsports.com/tv-listing/channel-finder.

It is interesting , Pay Cable Tv and Pay Satellite Tv are not doing nothing while paying customers cancel there services and go to Free Tv and Netflix and etc..

Pay Cable Tv and Pay satellite Tv are busy looking for ways to turn the screws and make you return and pay even higher prices for there pay services.

TWC Time Warner Cable is trying to get on Netflix so they can rake in some more dollars and get a stake in Netflix. Out Raged Netflix customers that went to Netflix to get away from cable tv are saying , No , No , No and NO.

I can tell you this , Pay Cable , Pay Satellite , and the Local and International Cell Phone and Wireless providers are doing there best to make sure that no one has ANY free services and you will , Pay and Pay and Pay And Pay.

Last edited by Electron; 25-May-2012 at 5:14 AM.
Electron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-May-2012, 4:50 AM   #3
RabidMonkey

Interesting... I knew Comcast became the controlling stake of NBC back in late 2009 or early 2010 but I didn't know they removed Universal Sports... Too bad considering if anything should be free it should be the Olympics, something that is watched worldwide. When did they remove this from OTA? I could've sworn I had the channel until at least September 2011. Anyway, thanks for the info.
RabidMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-May-2012, 4:54 AM   #4
Electron

All Questions and Information about Broadcast Tv Reception

Aim the indoor antenna at about 37 degrees magnetic compass. Here is how to aim indoor antennas and outdoor antennas , http://www.kyes.com/antenna/pointing/pointing.html.
Electron is offline   Reply With Quote