TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 20-Jan-2016, 2:05 AM   #1
tony2tall

Send a message via ICQ to tony2tall
Satellite and OTA signals using Diplexer

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...5134e6f9bf12e0

8 Bay Channel Master antenna in attic pointing in direction of Memphis, TN.

Dedicated coax from 8 Bay to DISH DVR OTA module. DVR is connected to TV via HDMI cable input.

Stations close to me 8.1-2 (VHF), 19.1-4 and 39.1-2 (UHF) reception drops out frequently.

These stations signals should be 100% if I had antenna facing their direction.

Kicking around the idea of setting a pole (10-15') with VHF/UHF antenna near my satellite dish which is also mounted on pole in yard. Point in direction of stations close to me.

Use diplexers to piggy back OTA signal on the satellite coax to TV. OTA signal can connect to TV coax input.

Due to physical disabilities hindered from doing what I would really like to do. Erect a Winegard HD8200U and feed TV with dedicated line. Hindered from mounting antenna onto house 1- no roof gable. 2- very steep roof. 3- roof edge surrounded by gutters 4- exterior walls all brick unable to use wall stand off bracket.
40' tower, HD8200U with rotor adjacent to roof edge in back yard best scenario. But would have to contract the complete job

Opinions? Thanks in advance..

Last edited by tony2tall; 20-Jan-2016 at 3:06 AM. Reason: Adding info
tony2tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Jan-2016, 12:12 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
Use diplexers to piggy back OTA signal on the satellite coax to TV. OTA signal can connect to TV coax input.
Diplexers are no longer usable since both DISH's and DIRECTV 's modern whole home systems as they now use OTA frequencies for their own use. You will need to run a separate coax for the OTA signals unless you have a much older DISH system.

Quote:
Stations close to me 8.1-2 (VHF), 19.1-4 and 39.1-2 (UHF) reception drops out frequently.
You'd probably be better off in the long run if you install a small, dedicated U/High-VHF antenna (or re-purpose the existing 8-bay in that direction while adding the large combo for Memphis) aimed off to the southwest and then order a custom signal combiner that will insert those three channels to the main signal with minimal insertion loss and potential for interference.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote