TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 10-Apr-2010, 7:34 PM   #1
Grabtavs

Looking for HDTV antenna recommendation

I am looking for a easy to setup indoor antenna, preferably under $60. Here is my location info from tvfool.com

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...9c6bc47df95d4c

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.
Grabtavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-Apr-2010, 7:51 PM   #2
LovesTheOTA

Most indoor antennas imo are garbage.

Looks like you have some really nice strong signals and they all appear to be UHF which is good cause you can do it with one antenna. Instead of an "indoor" antenna from Walmart etc. I'd buy a quality 2bay or maybe 4 bay antenna (Channel Master, Antennas Direct) and put that indoors in a window or maybe in a closet.

I'd point the antenna directly at 324 degrees to pull in WXII NBC and WUNLV PBS. The other main and stronger networks should come in strongly off the backside of the antenna. They line up really nicely. You could try removing the reflector off the back of the antenna to help you pull in those stations off the back if you need to.

On a final thought I'd really just go for the 4bay and forget the 2bay and yeah you can do that for under $60. Its a good strong antenna.

If you ever feel like putting that thing outside there would be tons of stuff available for you to pick up although most of it is repeats of NBC, ABC, etc.
LovesTheOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-Apr-2010, 8:36 AM   #3
mtownsend

Your typical indoor antenna will only be able to get the "green" channels at the top of your list. If you're thinking about getting more than that, then you will be much better off with a rooftop antenna.

A 2-bay or 4-bay antenna will probably work through the "front" and "back" side (as suggested by LovesTheOTA) if installed on the roof.

If these antennas are placed in the living room (or some other place without a clear view to the north), then my guess is that some of the northern channels will be too weak to be picked up reliably.
mtownsend is offline   Reply With Quote