TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Special Topics

Notices

Old 16-Sep-2014, 8:01 PM   #1
BroadwayJoe

Cancelled Cable and............

All it did was save me $1,200 a year. I was paying about $100 a month.

I cut the cord in June of 2013, so over a year now. I just added a dual antenna and picked up a 11 more channels. My picture quality is better then any provider I have had, cable or satellite, and tech support and customer service are the best

Thanks for all the help getting me there TV Fool!
BroadwayJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-Sep-2014, 8:32 PM   #2
malachi

yea, but do you get all the channels you want?

how many do you get?
malachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-Sep-2014, 9:32 PM   #3
BroadwayJoe

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by malachi View Post
yea, but do you get all the channels you want?

how many do you get?
Of course I would love more, who wouldn't. I get 36 channels, all the majors NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, PBS and a bunch more.

I have a dual antenna set up and pick up channels from two markets in different directions as far out as 76 miles away without a loss in signal quality.

They all run through my HTPC (home theater PC) I built.

With a PC at my TV, I have built in DVR, plus access to Netflix, Amazon Prime, Youtube, HBOGO, History.com, ESPN online, NFL Redzone online, and a ton of other content in addition to my channels.

Between the Live TV, and On Demand internet, yeah, I pretty much get everything I want.

My only monthly cost is Netflix, and Amazon Prime which we pay annually. Total cost between both is lest than $215 a year.
BroadwayJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-Sep-2014, 12:50 PM   #4
malachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
Of course I would love more, who wouldn't. I get 36 channels, all the majors NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, PBS and a bunch more.

I have a dual antenna set up and pick up channels from two markets in different directions as far out as 76 miles away without a loss in signal quality.

They all run through my HTPC (home theater PC) I built.

With a PC at my TV, I have built in DVR, plus access to Netflix, Amazon Prime, Youtube, HBOGO, History.com, ESPN online, NFL Redzone online, and a ton of other content in addition to my channels.

Between the Live TV, and On Demand internet, yeah, I pretty much get everything I want.

My only monthly cost is Netflix, and Amazon Prime which we pay annually. Total cost between both is lest than $215 a year.

36 channels? That’s awesome!

What does your report look like to need dual antenna? Im sure it looks better than mine. Though, the 76 miles is about what im looking at. And you tell me more about what you are using?

Ok, so you still pay for internet, through on demand?
malachi is offline   Reply With Quote