TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 11-Sep-2011, 10:58 PM   #1
Ossipee

Hi guys need some help

Hi there my signal analysis is here

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...8387632db1512e

I have several huge pines in the yard, I cannot get cable here it does not run down my road and the Sat guys need me to cut down a bunch of big pines 2' or better in dia, I get 6,8, and on a good day 13 with this antenna, Antennas Direct C4 ClearStream4 Outdoor Digital HD TV Antenna (C4), in my attic pointed east 83 degrees, I really would like to get PBS, Fox, and others if possible is there any hope, I'm willing to boost, motorize what ever.
Thanks
Chris Smith
Ossipee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-Sep-2011, 2:26 AM   #2
John Candle

Tv Antennas and Reception

To see if signal strength will improve. Please make and post 2 more radar plots. One at 40 feet high and the other at 60 feet high.
John Candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-Sep-2011, 2:19 PM   #3
Ossipee

new data

Hi John,
Thanks for your time and consideration,
here is 40'
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...14f39d48feb0e1
here is 60'
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...14f3c386acea4e

I am not an expert but it does not seem to get much better,

again thanks for your time and efforts John
Chris Smith
Ossipee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-Sep-2011, 7:54 PM   #4
GroundUrMast

With an aggressive deep fringe antenna system you could add several channels to your lineup including PBS. I think you would be extremely fortunate to see Fox reliably, but you might get lucky. The system would use an Antennas Direct XG-91, a Winegard YA-1713 or Antennacraft Y-10713, and a preamp. This combination would need to mount high and employ a rotator.

I believe that getting above the majority of the trees would be necessary to overcome the signal attenuation caused by the vegetation. Can you consider the cost of a tower? A new Rohn 25G 60' guyed kit is over $3000, which does not include installation or foundation. Used towers can be found with some searching.

On a tight budget, a Winegard HD7698P and Antennas Direct CPA-19 mounted above the roof would improve WGME and quite likely give you access to WPXT and WPME.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 13-Sep-2011 at 8:07 PM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-Sep-2011, 11:45 PM   #5
baud

I'm over in sanbornville nh about 16 miles south of porter and WGME is my toughest ch to get.

You will need to get out of the attic to get your weak channels.
for me I've done best with yagi and lpda antennas with a cm-7777 amp.

A cm 4228 old style didn't work well for any channels i suspect multipath to be the problem.

Current antennas I'm using that work very well here are a
Fracarro LP45F Log Periodic Dipole Array with a Antennacraft Y5-7-13

If you are in the trees and hills like i am you may be in for a ruff go at this as WCSH and WMTW are very strong and will probably over load most preamps.

Google earth is great for figuring out whats around that could block signals or cause reflections and it took me many try's to find a hot spot for WGME but once found it is very reliable here.

This is my location 43.56017818331089 -71.01229906082153

Free TV is great but not always easy.
baud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-Sep-2011, 1:01 AM   #6
John Candle

Here is a roof mount that will get the antenna higher , http://www.ronard.com/Tripods%200703/4712.html. I think a Winegard HD7082P antenna with a Antennas direct CPA-19 preamp , mounted on a Channel Master CM9521A rotor , mounted on the 10 foot tripod will get you the tv stations down to and including WENH-TV 11 PBS , and good a posibility of a few more on down the list.

Last edited by John Candle; 14-Sep-2011 at 1:16 AM.
Old 14-Sep-2011, 1:21 AM   #7
John Candle

An antenna on a rotor is ok for one tv hook up , however if more then tv is connected then disagreements will happen about where the tv antenna is pointed. If more then one tv is connected I recommend a 2 antenna system for your location , that way every one can receive what they like.