TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 2-Oct-2013, 4:31 PM   #1
E2L2Wheelman

Yet Another Antenna Suggestion Needed

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46aee6bec48865

Here is my readout, I hope I did it correctly.

I currently have Directv and want to end their dominance over my life. I currently have one of those Mohu Leaf antennas to try out on my bedroom tv. It picks up some channels but no longer picks up ABC or FOX (9.1 or 18.1). I want to obviously get as many channels as possible without having an antenna that's 12 feet wide. I know that's not what you want to hear, but that's what I have to go with at this point. With summer storms being pretty severe here, I don't really want something that's going to end up in the neighbors trees What I ultimately want to do is to mount one either on the roof where the Directv dish is located, or somewhere else outside. I was looking at the Antennas Direct C2-V-CJM ClearStream 2-V, and the RCA ANT751. Are these suitable for my needs? I want to run 2 tvs currently, possibly 3 later on.

I notice that on the report that some of the channels are broadcasting at different angles, will I be able to point it in between, or do I need two antennas for best reception. Also, does a preamp help me in anyway?

Thanks for any help given, I hate asking questions about things I have zero knowledge of.

~ totally confused by this stuff!
E2L2Wheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2-Oct-2013, 7:23 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

The C2 is okay (don't require VHF but it isn't needed). Personally, I'd prefer a DB4e and be prepared to add a rotor, it necessary.

You might need a pre-amp I'd start without one. Get the antenna up in the air and set up on a single set and see what you get.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3-Oct-2013, 5:27 AM   #3
Stereocraig

If your setup menu doesn't allow you to ADD digital channels, you would need to do a complete scan, every time you move the antenna.
Stereocraig is offline   Reply With Quote