TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 29-Aug-2012, 8:00 PM   #1
Sunflower55

no signal in takoma pk. MD apartment

I am hoping you all can help me. I used to have a little LG30 tv and I was able to get a number of the free stations just by plugging the cord from my tv into the cable output in the wall. I upgraded my tv and got cable.

I ditched my cable since I barely watch it and tried the same method with my new dynex tv and nothing! I do not get any channels in antennae mode. I took the tv to Bestbuy and it is able to pick up about 20 stations in the store, but in my apt I am not getting anything.

I am on the ground floor of a 4 story small apt building. the tv does not face the window.

Should I try a new cord? if so, which?
should I get an antennae? if so, which?

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e779e22cf798a4
Sunflower55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-Aug-2012, 8:58 PM   #2
teleview

Tv Reception.

The following is a Teleview Broadcast Tv Reception Recommendation.

Go to Radio Shack and buy a Plain Simple Non Amplified Indoor Antenna , #15-1874.

Or go to Best Buy and buy a Plain Simple Non Amplified Indoor Antenna , RCA-ANT111.

There are Many , Very Strong Easy to Receive Tv stations at your location.

Aim the indoor antenna at about 260 degree magnetic compass direction. (south west).

Here is how to aim indoor antennas , http://www.kyes.com/antenna/pointing/pointing.html.

If the building is wood with wood or vinyl siding , with No metal backed insulation , then Tv reception should be very good.

If the building is , concrete , concrete blocks , cinder blocks , bricks from ground to roof , big rocks for walls , metal siding , metal roof , metal backed insulation , solar panels , Tv reception will be reduced or blocked.

To improve reception in a reduced or blocked situation put the Plain Simple Non Amplified Indoor Antenna in a , west , south west , south , facing window.

If the Tv is not at the same location as the window , use a long coax to connect the antenna to the Tv.

DO NOT connect the Tv to the cable Tv outlet.

The Plain Simple Non Amplified antenna is connected to the Tv.

The Tv Must Channel Scan for the Digital Broadcast Tv Channels , sometimes named the 'Air Channels' or 'Antenna Channels' in the Tv setup menu because the Tv transmissions travel through the air from the transmitting antenna to the receiving antenna.

DO NOT channel scan for cable tv channels.

Last edited by teleview; 30-Aug-2012 at 7:10 AM.
Old 30-Aug-2012, 3:08 AM   #3
Sunflower55

thank you!

I am up and running!! I am glad I came here first rather than buying some $70 flatbed antenna one guy told me was best

thanks!!
Sunflower55 is offline   Reply With Quote