TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 26-Mar-2015, 1:35 AM   #1
seemore

The Best OTA Antenna For Clinton MD

[INDENT] I am seeking help to find an OTA antenna in the Clinton MD area that will provide the best reception for the most channels. My location reference is:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...f1f016e8ab8a21

I really want the major network news for this area.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.
seemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-Mar-2015, 10:41 AM   #2
No static at all

A very simple, inexpensive solution would be a roof mounted HBU-22 antenna to capture the DC stations. This should easily drive up to 4 TV's with no amplifier.

You may even be a candidate for an attic mounted antenna, if aimed directly through the roof with no closeby metal or other obstructions.
No static at all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Mar-2015, 1:26 AM   #3
seemore

Thanks for the help. Is there another option that will reach stations a little further out than DC?
Old 27-Mar-2015, 11:05 AM   #4
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
Originally Posted by seemore View Post
Thanks for the help. Is there another option that will reach stations a little further out than DC?

Sure, but, there's no free lunch. An antenna capable of picking up weaker, more distant channels will be much larger, heavier, and more directional which means you need a heavier-duty mount, higher in the air, and a rotor capable of re-aiming the antenna remotely.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-Mar-2015, 11:12 AM   #5
No static at all

The HBU22 should at least get the UHF channels from Baltimore (ABC, Fox, CW) if aimed more in that direction. If you want NBC 11 & CBS 13 you will likely need to go up to an HBU33 or better yet HBU44.

You might be able find to a sweet spot between DC & Baltimore where you can aim the antenna & get both w/o needing a rotator.
No static at all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Apr-2015, 8:17 PM   #6
seemore

Thanks again.

Can you provide information for the larger/heavier antenna that has a rotor for redirection.

I want to take advantage of all my options before making a final decision.

Best regards

seemore
Old 6-Apr-2015, 5:42 PM   #7
Tower Guy

I'd start with an ANT-751. Aim it roughly north. If that works, you're all done. If not, add a DB-4e coupled to the ANT-751 using a UVSJ. The DB-4e gives you a wide pattern with extra gain on UHF.
Tower Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9-Apr-2015, 8:36 PM   #8
stvcmty

You don’t need much antenna in the UHF band. A HBU22 is a good candidate to find a sweet spot where the Baltimore and DC stations come in without a rotor. The HBU should also get 7 and 9 from DC. [Assuming the DC/Baltimore UHF’s come in on the HBU22, as well as 7 and 9, then a separate high VHF Yagi could be used to get 11 and 13 from Baltimore (such as a Y5-7-13) and a channel 12 jointenna (if you can find one) to merge the antennas .]

Analog 6 is being used as a Spanish radio station.
Real 42, 29, and 28 all have the same 3 subchannels, so you only need 1. Real 34 and 12 have the same subchannels, so you don’t need to worry about 12.
stvcmty is offline   Reply With Quote