TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 30-Aug-2010, 12:44 PM   #1
smackman

Help with Hot Tub FM Radio Reception

My Jacuzzi Hot tub has a JBL 1000 Car Radio installed in it. It runs off a 12 volt converter and has 4 waterproof speakers and a base speaker. My Question is;

My FM reception sucks. The Antenna is actual car antenna that connect to the radio with a regular car radio connection; Sorta like a RCA plug.

I would like to hook A Outdoor Antenna to this Radio. How to I get from the banana plug to a 75 ohm connector or a 300 ohm connecter to wire this car Radio to a outdoor FM antenna?

I have tried a regular car antenna I got from Crutchfield's; The Reception is better but I need to get outside the screened in patio to get better reception.
smackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-Aug-2010, 3:05 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
I would like to hook A Outdoor Antenna to this Radio. How to I get from the banana plug to a 75 ohm connector or a 300 ohm connecter to wire this car Radio to a outdoor FM antenna?
Radio Shack sells the connector you need to go from coax to an automobile radio's Motorola jack:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2102835

Make darned certain your antenna system is properly grounded in accordance with local electrical codes.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote