TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 24-Apr-2014, 2:53 AM   #1
rornberg

Now here's a challenge

TVFool report:http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e1c6b11fd8a401

I'm probably in the worst spot to be in NW Wisconsin. All I want is ABC, NBC, CBS and maybe FOX...coax to one TV only, about a 30-40' run from the antenna. We're lower than the rest of the neighborhood, lots of trees although it's about 150' from the roof to the trees in the general direction of the Duluth, Minnesota transmitter towers. I get slightly better readings using the satellite map and placing the antenna right on my roof peak. I don't really want to put up a 40' or 50' tower, so maybe it's a lost cause. I do appreciate any input.
Bob
rornberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-Apr-2014, 5:42 AM   #2
GroundUrMast

Are any of the trees suitable for attaching a mast bracket?

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp...ce=google_base

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-Apr-2014, 7:46 AM   #3
dmfdmf

As I see it you realistically have three options; satellite, cable or root for Aereo in their up coming Supreme Court case. Even with heroic efforts you really aren't going to get much in your location. Sorry.

PS: I suppose a 4th option would be to move but that seems to be an impractical solution.
dmfdmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-Apr-2014, 8:05 AM   #4
teleview

+=>

To see how much if any improvement in signal strength.

Please make 3 more Tvfool reports.

Please move pointer to the peak of the roof and make 3 Tvfool reports with antenna heights of , 40 , 60 , 80 , feet antenna heights.
Old 24-Apr-2014, 2:33 PM   #5
rornberg

Thanks for the reply; I figured that was the answer, but I thought I would give it a try. 2 blocks west of me is fine...day late and a dollar short.
Old 24-Apr-2014, 2:56 PM   #6
rornberg

Ref tall trees....yes, we have very tall pines along the east side of the house.
Old 24-Apr-2014, 3:20 PM   #7
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmfdmf View Post
As I see it you realistically have three options; satellite, cable or root for Aereo in their up coming Supreme Court case. Even with heroic efforts you really aren't going to get much in your location. Sorry.

PS: I suppose a 4th option would be to move but that seems to be an impractical solution.
FYI, the Aereo case was argued to the Supremes this Tuesday morning. Decision will come sometime in June.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-Apr-2014, 9:25 PM   #9
GroundUrMast

One of my projects to do this year, once the weather dries out a bit, is to hang a few antennas at the 80' to 90' level in one of my evergreen trees. I realize that's not a project everyone is willing to take on. But, I've got the climbing gear, the training and the experience, along with the desire.

You have signal available beginning at 60'. By 80', I'd expect an Antennas Direct DB8E + Antennacraft Y10713 could give you a good shot at ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC plus the sub-channels they carry.

Old 25-Apr-2014, 2:54 AM   #10
rornberg

I worked for a tree trimmer when I was around 20 years....when I was trim and strong. I'm now 75 and hesitant to use more than 2 steps on an 8 foot ladder. Actually, we live in "lumberjack country" where we have the World Log Rolling Championships every July. It includes some guys who race up and down some very high poles; maybe I could hire one of them. Thanks for the interesting input.
Old 25-Apr-2014, 8:01 AM   #11
GroundUrMast

You make me ponder... I'm grateful that I still have the health and strength to go up my trees. (The difference in our ages is not great.)

Let us know if you need more detail on a tree mounted option.