TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 30-May-2010, 3:40 PM   #1
seawolf18

Need an Antenna Suggestion

I am thinking of dumping my satellite service, and just putting an antenna on the roof of the house. I have a rotor, tripod, and mast to mount the antenna. the installed height will be around 30'. With my signal report, what antenna do you guys suggest? Thanks

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...9fbe5774af125c
seawolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-May-2010, 8:32 PM   #2
teleview

Lightbulb Tv reception

30 feet antenna height that is very good. Also ground elevation is good , the higher elevations away from the river are good. Go to the >>StartMAPS<< part of tvfool. Change the antenna height up and down , move the red balloon location pointer around. Also note the virtual channels and real channels on the radar plot listing , virtual channels are in most cases 'LEGACY Channels' a Tv station was transmitting on say VHF Channel 4 Analog for many many years , however during the transisition to Digital the station is now transmitting on UHF 41. The reason many Tv stations moved up to the UHF channels is because the VHF low band channels 2thru6 have a lot of interference , interference is not good for Digital transmission and reception. The station keeps the Legacy Channel number because thats what people expect to see. So now my recomendation for your situation , KSXC 5 is to weak to get reliably , so I recomend the Winegard HD7698P UHF/VHF HIGH Antenna and the Winegard AP8780 Preamp .http://www.winegarddirect.com . 0 NM(dB) is the reference point for Digital Tv reception , it is true that many reception situations get reliable reception down to -8 NM(dB) , however the positive numbers are better. . I like the fact that you are putting your antenna on the roof up high doing it the correct way. So many people that request help on this and other forums go to great lengths to not do it correctly. . Here is a suggestion , if you have broadband internet , ROKU NETFLIX is a great way to get lots of movies and Tv shows to watch. The ROKU PLAYER is a device that receives over 12,000 movies and tv shows and you also get one DVD a month. ALL for only $10.00 a month. I have this at my house , Over The Air Tv and ROKU NETFLIX.

Last edited by teleview; 2-Jun-2010 at 1:59 AM. Reason: Spelling corrections and update/clarify information.
Old 1-Jun-2010, 1:20 AM   #3
Dave Loudin

You need to rerun the TVFool report if you did not use 30 feet for your antenna height.
Dave Loudin is offline   Reply With Quote