TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 23-May-2010, 7:32 PM   #1
longboardskier

Poulsbo, WA Help

I have an amplified antenna from Radio Shack that does a pretty decent job at getting King 5, channel 11, 13 (fox), and a couple of others.

I'd REALLY like to get channel 4 (KOMO), but I just can't get a signal. When I look at the analysis tool after putting in my address, it says that the distance, signal power, and degrees are very similar to King 5 (which I get in perfect HD). Seems like if I get one I shouldn't have a problem picking up the other since they're right by each other. Any suggestions?

Here's my TVFool report: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...9fbe87f665dedb

If there's a possibility of this being able to work, it be AWESOME if I could do it before Lost is on tonight

Last edited by longboardskier; 23-May-2010 at 11:28 PM. Reason: link to report
longboardskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-May-2010, 6:05 AM   #2
teleview

Lightbulb Tv reception

So what is this radio shack antenna , indoor , out door ?? . Will you need to have a roof top Type Tv antenna. Do you live in a apartment , house , condo , mobile home , motor home , do you live in a basement , ground floor , up higher. . How many Tv's to connect? . These are all standard questions. . http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=4

Last edited by teleview; 26-May-2010 at 3:52 PM. Reason: Spelling corrections and update/clarify information.
Old 24-May-2010, 9:38 PM   #3
longboardskier

Then antenna is an indoor one similar to this: http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=3611256

I think mine is just the model before that one. I live in a two story house, only one TV to hook up and it's downstairs.

Also, I live on top of a big hill and there are very little obstructions between my house and Seattle.
Old 25-May-2010, 9:51 AM   #4
teleview

Lightbulb Tv reception

Ok using the provided zip code of 98370 , all most all channels are Line Of Site L.O.S. and the signals are Very Strong at 64.1 NM (dB). . . 0 NM (dB) is the reference point for reliable reception , so 64.1 is Real Hot. . . Looks like 'To Hot' for a antenna with a built in amplifier. What can happen is the built in antenna amplifier can over load and the digital tuner in the Tv will over load. Digital Tv Tuners do not like to over load. Digital Tv Tuners say Ok if thats the way you will play , then I won't play. I suggest a simple NON Amplified indoor antenna , one of the ones listed here . . http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=233 . . . Also KOMO Channel 4 is now a Virtual Channel , the Real Channel is UHF 38 and KING 5 is now a Virtual Channel , the Real Channel is UHF 48. . . Also I suggest moving the NON Amplified Antenna away from interference generators. What can be a interference generator? All most any thing , even a computer or a DVD player or even an other Amplified Tv antenna or even a cord less phone or a light dimmer control. Connect the Non amplified antenna directly to the Tv , all other devices unpluged. . . Switching off and unpluging devices is a way to find a interference generators , put more interference suggestions here---->>>_____________________________________________________________________________ __________________

Last edited by teleview; 25-May-2010 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Spelling corrections and update/clarify information.
Old 26-May-2010, 5:50 AM   #5
longboardskier

Thanks! I'll will give those ideas a shot. It might be a while until I get to it now as I'm about to leave for a few weeks, but I'll be sure to post back