TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 19-May-2010, 5:32 PM   #1
helleau

Antenna Recommendation

Like many others on here, we are trying to get rid of our satellite dish and go with an antenna. At location: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...cd72c0902ee410 I would prefer to have the antenna installed in our attic. It looks like we should be able to get most of the channels I want with an attic installation. We have a two story house and will one TV on each floor. Any recommendations on antennas and other necessary accesories would be appreciated.

Last edited by helleau; 19-May-2010 at 5:44 PM.
helleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-May-2010, 9:11 PM   #2
Tigerbangs
TV Reception Maven

Send a message via AIM to Tigerbangs Send a message via Yahoo to Tigerbangs
You have some reception issues do be dealt with to insure that you get all your networks: NBC will only be available to you from a translator on channel 40 that broadcasts in analog only: FOX and ABC will be easy. PBS will be difficult, as it is on a low-power translator on channel 4, and CBS is likely to be a no-show, as it is severely blocked by hills. I can say that you are likely to only see 3 TV stations clearly, and that only 2 of them will be digital: my suggestion would be to get a small all-channel antenna like a Winegard HD-7015 and aim it at 235 degrees, as measured by your compass. The other stations listed are too blocked by hills to expect to get any reception.
Tigerbangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-May-2010, 2:26 PM   #3
helleau

Thanks, I was afraid of that. Looks like OTA may not work for us.
helleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-May-2010, 5:33 PM   #4
teleview

Lightbulb Tv reception

PBS is on channel 13 and depending on your 'exact address' you may be able to receive it also. That would give you KPSD VHF channel 13 PBS , KIVV VHF channel 5 Fox , KHSD VHF channel 10 ABC , K40GS UHF channel 40 NBC . At the >>START Maps<< part of the tvfool web site the antenna height can be changed up and down , and location can be changed by moving the red balloon pointer.
Old 21-May-2010, 10:30 AM   #5
kb2fzq

Quote:
Originally Posted by helleau View Post
....I would prefer to have the antenna installed in our attic....
When you're talking over the air reception, aesthetics is not in the sentence..
Especially in your case, an outside antenna, up as high as possible is the only answer....
kb2fzq is offline   Reply With Quote