TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Special Forums > TV Fool Discussion / Database Updates > TV Database Updates

Notices

Old 8-Jul-2016, 12:04 AM   #1
jeb.jr

St. Louis, MO

This is not a comprehensive list of errors, but a common thread seems to be that Construction Permits are being substituted for existing stations.

* KUMO-LD is actually on ch 51 (51.1 virtual) instead of 17 as tvfool reports. They have a CP to move to ch 17.
* W23DX-D is 24.5 miles NE of where tvfool locates it. It is only 6kW maximum ERP. They have a CP for the tvfool location.
* K27MG-D is 20.2 miles NW of where tvfool locates it. It is only 6kW maximum ERP. They have a CP for the tvfool location.
* WODK-LD is 25 miles NE of where tvfool locates it. It is only 6kW maximum ERP. They have a CP for the tvfool location. There are also two APPs; there seems to be something complicated happening.
* WLEH-LD is 30 miles East of where tvfool locates it. It is only 6kW maximum ERP. They have a CP for the tvfool location.
* KPTN-LD is actually on ch 36 (7.x virtual) instead of 19 as tvfool reports. They have a CP to move to 19, but they also have a CP to remain at ch 36, so I'm not sure what is going to happen here.

I am considering information from these sources:
1. fcc.gov
2. www.fccinfo.com/fccinfo_google_earth.php , the latter of which is a Google Earth Plugin that plots station locations and provides information based on the FCC database. (It's a really cool plugin, and if you use Google Earth, check it out)
Old 8-Jul-2016, 12:49 AM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Your initial conclusion as well as the first and last entries reported are all correct. The database apparently is on autopilot in pulling data from the FCC website. Based on the last year's lack of updates that were reported, it appears that the autopilot is the only thing flying the plane and there's no one minding the store....

To the best of my knowledge, W23DX, K27MG, WODK, and WLEH have never existed on the air as actual ongoing broadcasters, except perhaps only long enough to claim with a straight face (under penalty of perjury) that the facility was built. Most likely, the license holder/applicant (DTV America) is trying to do some sort of paperwork shuffle as they try to cash in on the 600 MHz auction.

You'll notice that all of the new applications are for stations that are in adjacent markets to St Louis and the applicant is trying to move them to St Louis where they'd actually have value in the auction as opposed to being in a more rural location.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote