TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 19-Sep-2011, 4:57 PM   #1
FLOJO

antenna selection help

here is my report http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...60b5a96ba6c257

I'm using a DB2 and receiving 19 channels some duplicates, is this the best I can expect
FLOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Sep-2011, 8:12 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

Without knowing which 19 channels you're seeing, it's hard to offer much advise. Comparing your TVFR to http://www.rabbitears.info/market.ph...n=WUTV#station it looks like you may be missing a few channels. As you look at the list of stations on your TV Fool report, are there stations listed that you do not receive that you would want?

Are you having problems receiving any channels now?

It would help if you used the Call sign and 'real' channel number.

With a large antenna, you could be receiving some Canadian stations which I doubt you are able to see with the DB-2. You may or may not be having trouble with local VHF stations.

Do you have more than one TV connected to the antenna? (Or do you plan to connect more than one?)

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 20-Sep-2011 at 12:37 AM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Sep-2011, 12:12 PM   #3
FLOJO

thank you GroundUrMast

I actually only get the channels in the green, there are some duplicates. I used the base from my old dish and added a 5' mast the antenna is approximately 20' high. If I move the antenna just a little wrong I lose all the channels opposite of my locals and am down to 7 channels. My locals are WIVB-DT, WGRZ-DT, WKBW-DT. I wanted to know if a larger antenna would get me any more channels before I bought one and what type would be the right choice for my location.

Thank you for any suggestions
FLOJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Sep-2011, 6:01 PM   #4
GroundUrMast

The DB-2 sounds as if it's doing fairly well for you now. If you replace it with a larger, more directional antenna, I would expect that you would need a rotator to make full use of the new antenna.

If you have more than one TV, a rotator can be a source of conflict when the second TV viewer wants to tune a station the antenna is not aimed at.

A Winegard HD7698P mounted where it can have an unobstructed view, would offer reception of all of the stations listed in the green and yellow section of your TVFR (presuming they are on the air). It's a long antenna. A tripod and heavy duty mast would be worth considering. The Channel Master CM9521A antenna rotor would be a consumer grade option, the Hy-Gain AR-40 would be a premium grade option.

The weaker signals would call for a good low-noise preamp. There are several strong TV and FM signals so an amplifier with high input capability would be needed. The Antennas Direct CPA-19 or Winegard HDP-269 would be capable of meeting both requirements.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote