TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 5-Sep-2013, 2:02 PM   #1
struzikmk

Antenna Advice please

Hi,
We're currently looking for a good antenna solution and installation advice (bringing the antenna line into the house). We have 5 tv's in our house...two with a fairly long run (about 140 feet) from where we would like to bring the signal in from. The others are all within 100 feet. We currently have cable (all of the tv's are hooked up to it), which comes in on the southwest corner of our house and will be getting the service turned off the service soon--we plan to install the antenna in this area. Our electric and telephone service also come into this area as well (the wires come in to a riser pole on our roof and down to the electric and telephone boxes). We have a 1 story house with a good southwestern exposure. We would like something compact, but producing a good signal. We have large overhangs on our house and were thinking of attaching the antenna under the overhang where it wouldn't get affected as much by the elements and wind. We also have an outdoor electric outlet in this area. We were thinking of the ClearStream 2, but if you have any other suggestions, we would welcome them. Any advice would be extremely helpful Thanks so much for your time and help!!

Here is my information from the signal analysis:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46ae987e14e5aa

KAS

Last edited by struzikmk; 5-Sep-2013 at 7:37 PM. Reason: Adding signal analysis results
struzikmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6-Sep-2013, 1:33 AM   #2
Pete

Over the last two weeks, I bought a ClearStream 2 and a RCA ANT751. I installed each one (one at a time) in my attic and I got the same 14 HD channels with either one.

I could be wrong, but it seemed to me that the RCA was providing a picture quality that was slightly higher, but not by much. For now I have installed the RCA in the attic.

I'm also looking for another antenna with longer range given my particular situation.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6-Sep-2013, 11:09 PM   #3
teleview

At http://www.amazon.com , buy a AntennasDirect model C2-V-CJM , UHF/VHF Complete antenna.

Install the antenna above the roof in such a manner that reception is not impeded and blocked in the direction of , South West.

Aim the antenna at about 234 degree magnetic compass direction.

Here is how to aim antennas , http://www.kyes.com/antenna/pointing/pointing.html.

Use a Old School magnetic compass to aim antenna.

_________

Install a Channel Master CM3418 distribution amplifier.

Use screw on 75 ohm terminators on any unused output ports of the distribution amplifier.
Old 7-Sep-2013, 1:06 PM   #4
Tower Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by struzikmk View Post
We were thinking of the ClearStream 2, but if you have any other suggestions, we would welcome them.

KAS
The Clearstream 2 is a UHF only antenna. You have VHF stations in Rochester. The ANT751 is one choice. Also consider the HBU-22 or HD 7694P.
Tower Guy is offline   Reply With Quote