TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 15-Sep-2021, 4:29 PM   #1
olimazi
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 58
OTA Antenna Replacement

hey folks, looking to replace my roof mounted Winegard 7698p - any suggestions would be appreciated, cheers. Separate UHF and VHF antennas are also an option.
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...9038d5e9df335c
olimazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-Sep-2021, 11:41 PM   #2
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: S.E. VA
Posts: 2,738
Quote:
Originally Posted by olimazi View Post
hey folks, looking to replace my roof mounted Winegard 7698p - any suggestions would be appreciated, cheers. Separate UHF and VHF antennas are also an option.
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...9038d5e9df335c
Why do you want to replace it?

Is it still aimed at a tree?



Estimated rabbitears.info report:
https://www.rabbitears.info/searchma...tudy_id=349770
Attached Images
File Type: jpg olimaziTVFtree2_1.jpg (181.4 KB, 148 views)
__________________
If you can not measure it, you can not improve it.
Lord Kelvin, 1883
http://www.megalithia.com/elect/aeri...ttpoorman.html

Last edited by rabbit73; 15-Sep-2021 at 11:50 PM.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Sep-2021, 1:26 PM   #3
JoeAZ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 413
You might want to consider the Televes DAT BOSS MIX LR.
A whole lot sturdier, built in preamp and less expensive.
Covers UHF and Hi VHF. Check it out at LOWES.com
JoeAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Sep-2021, 6:00 PM   #4
olimazi
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 58
new antenna

A couple of the elements broke off otherwise it's ok - losing signal strength on some channels - and yes, still pointed at the pin oak.
Also, I figure I don't need VHF-LO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit73 View Post
Why do you want to replace it?

Is it still aimed at a tree?



Estimated rabbitears.info report:
https://www.rabbitears.info/searchma...tudy_id=349770
olimazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-Sep-2021, 6:01 PM   #5
olimazi
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 58
nice...

nice, I'll check that one out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAZ View Post
You might want to consider the Televes DAT BOSS MIX LR.
A whole lot sturdier, built in preamp and less expensive.
Covers UHF and Hi VHF. Check it out at LOWES.com
olimazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT. The time now is 10:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © TV Fool, LLC