TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 3-May-2014, 10:32 PM   #1
Orion0485

Help with Fox channel

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e1c61832f4450f

Hello,

I'm wondering why I get about 60% channel strength (as measured on my TV) for WJZY 46.1. I have an antennacraft db8e with each bay pointed to maximize reception the the NE and NW and a signal amplifier to boost the signal over a long coax run. I get about 90% signal strength on channels in the same direction (WCNC 36.1). With 60% on WJZY the signal commonly drops out. What can I do to get better reception on this channel? Any idea why I get a weak signal on only WJZY?

Thanks!
Orion0485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4-May-2014, 6:18 AM   #2
GroundUrMast

When there is terrain obstructing the path between the transmitter and your location, your TV Fool report will indicate one of three possible degrees of severity: 1Edge, 2Edge or Tropo.

The TV Fool report posted in your previous thread, indicated that the WJZY signal was '1Edge', meaning that you have some terrain blockage. This can result in the signal being more variable in strength and quality. Even though another station may broadcast from the same tower, the difference in transmitter frequency, antenna height and antenna properties can result in the signals being affected much differently during the trip to your receiving antenna.

Have you tried moving your antenna up, down and laterally? Sometimes, a move of just a few inches will put an antenna into a significantly better or worse area of reception for a given signal.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote