TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 22-Dec-2010, 7:11 PM   #1
vms

Suggestions?

Looking to buy a new antenna. My TVFool report is: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...da32a7074f35dd

There are fir trees a few hundred yards away. Don't know if that influences the report.

Cable length will be 75ft or less. I have 1 TV, possibly adding a second TV in the near future. Antenna will be between 15-20ft. above ground. Thanks.
vms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-Dec-2010, 8:31 PM   #2
Tower Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vms View Post
Looking to buy a new antenna.
HBU-33
HD7694P
The ANT751 might work too.
Tower Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-Dec-2010, 8:32 PM   #3
GroundUrMast

A combination all channel antenna such as the CM3016 http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp...0Antennas&sku= aimed at 274° per your compass will give you a full line-up. The signal can easily drive a two way splitter with no amplification.

TG's suggestions are excellent if you are not concerned with the LP analog stations on CH 5 & 6

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 22-Dec-2010 at 8:35 PM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-Dec-2010, 10:17 PM   #4
vms

Thanks for the suggestions. Would I be able to use the HD7695P? Would it be too much gain? Overload my receiver? Does it offer that much gain over the 7694P?

How does the 7694P compare with the HBU33? I know you guys are the experts, but I was wondering if I should err on the side of higher gain for peace of mind.
Old 22-Dec-2010, 10:25 PM   #5
John Candle

Tv Antennas and Reception

Yes a higher gain antenna gives more elbow room. I suggest a Winegard HD7082P all channel antenna. 10 dollars more for the HD7082P. Tv antennas last 5 to 10 years. So if you buy a HD7695P or HD7082P it figures out to be 3 to 5 cents per day.

Last edited by John Candle; 22-Dec-2010 at 10:36 PM.
John Candle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-Dec-2010, 8:04 AM   #6
vms

I don't think I'd have use for one that receives low-vhf because channel 5 is a repeater of digital 32 and channel 6 has a digital repeater in UHF, as far as I know. Do the antennas that were recommended to me also receive FM stations?
Old 23-Dec-2010, 2:45 PM   #7
Tower Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vms View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. Would I be able to use the HD7695P? Would it be too much gain? Overload my receiver? Does it offer that much gain over the 7694P?

How does the 7694P compare with the HBU33? I know you guys are the experts, but I was wondering if I should err on the side of higher gain for peace of mind.
You have sufficient signal for the HD7694P to provide perfect pictures, but the 7695P won't overload.

I prefer the Winegard over the HBU because the Winegard has a better F/B ratio.
Tower Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-Dec-2010, 3:41 PM   #8
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

All-band antennas usually do a good job on FM (unless they're equipped with stubs to remove FM).

High-VHF/UHF combo antennas usually do only a "fair" job on FM as they are not optimized for FM. While they'll usually do the job for close-in locations due to FM's substantial transmitting power allotments, they really aren't the recommended antenna once you get beyond the suburban zone.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote