TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 5-Mar-2011, 12:34 AM   #1
ziggy 101

Only receiving 1 channel?!!?!

I have a new HDTV ultra long range antenna (clearstream 4 by Antennas Direct) mounted on my roof facing the nearest network stations. After running the setup on the TV I am only receiving ABC (plus 2 other random infomercial channels). According to our area map there is a CBS right next door to the ABC. I am in Raleigh NC, so distance for the signal shouldn't be an issue. Any suggestions as to whether the problem may be TV setup related or antenna related? Anyone else ever had this problem?
Here is the link to the map for our area.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...c77a5d6675f32d

Thanks
ziggy 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Mar-2011, 12:45 AM   #2
No static at all

Sounds like the TV is only scanning for "CABLE" since it is only found VHF channels. Make sure you are scanning for "AIR" channels & the tuner will see UHF stations as well.
No static at all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Mar-2011, 3:19 AM   #3
ziggy 101

only 1 channel

ok I'm a newbie but I've combed my tv manual (bravia kdl-40s2010) and no mention of adding "air" channels. I've also gone through tv menu onscreen - only 2 options for adding channels - analog and digital. When I choose digital it gives me two options - add and autoprogram - both do the same thing. When I do this it only finds 3 channels (abc and 2 infomercial channels). Please excuse my ignorance but how does one search for "air" channels? I assumed this would be easy - attach antenna to rafters or roof, point in direction, plug in and find channels but I guess not......
Old 5-Mar-2011, 3:33 AM   #4
mtownsend

There is a setting for cable in the menus.

Navigate the menus until you get to the "Setup" page. On that page, the second item from the bottom is "Cable" mode on/off. Set it to "off" to use an antenna. Re-run the auto scan.
mtownsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5-Mar-2011, 11:33 PM   #5
ziggy 101

only 1 channel

thank you mtownsend for explaining the turning off the cable function in the menu. it worked and now I'm getting 28 channels. I appreciate all the help