TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 18-Feb-2013, 11:08 PM   #1
Name141

Angry CBS 12 (KSLA) claims no OTA transmitter problem, yet it's down for me...

It's been out all day here with a very weak signal, breaking up, or just not showing up at all. The only other time I had this bad of a problem they said their transmitter was out, but I called and they said they had no problems with it today.

Any ideas? http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...1dda664ce1c3e3

I have a 91XG pointed that direction and FOX33, Channel 3, Channel 6, etc come in as normal.. (CW and PBS never came in stable).
Name141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Feb-2013, 2:12 AM   #2
GroundUrMast

One possible explanation, temporary skip bringing in a signal from other CH-17 transmitter. If this is the case, the atmospheric conditions will change soon... problem solved.

Another possibility, water in your coax... yes, it can affect one frequency more than another. The only practical test is, substitute the suspect coax with a known good cable.

Yet another possibility, a new FM station started operation and their signal is mixing in your preamp, distribution amp or tuner. Try an FM trap between the antenna and any of those active electronics.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Feb-2013, 2:17 AM   #3
Name141

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundUrMast View Post
One possible explanation, temporary skip bringing in a signal from other CH-17 transmitter. If this is the case, the atmospheric conditions will change soon... problem solved.

Another possibility, water in your coax... yes, it can affect one frequency more than another. The only practical test is, substitute the suspect coax with a known good cable.

Yet another possibility, a new FM station started operation and their signal is mixing in your preamp, distribution amp or tuner. Try an FM trap between the antenna and any of those active electronics.
Water in the coax is a possibility, but the problems accord before the rain began.

I never went the extra 'mile' and installed a preamp yet.
Name141 is offline   Reply With Quote