TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 10-Sep-2019, 7:34 PM   #21
OTAFAN

Hi ssharnick:

Yes, that's the one. Here's an older thread on TV Fool that discusses the antenna in detail. It's a keeper and has preformed very well for many people across the nation. I hope you'll find it helpful. Beware, RCA released a 7511 model later that was inferior to the 751 (see thread discussion).

http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=16264

All the best.....

Last edited by OTAFAN; 10-Sep-2019 at 7:38 PM. Reason: additional
OTAFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-Sep-2019, 6:39 PM   #22
ssharnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit73 View Post
This is an image of your report:

This is a link to a report by rabbitears.info which should have a more accurate list of channels:
https://www.rabbitears.info/searchma...&study_id=6125

You can use the Stacker for UHF and VHF or you can add a VHF antenna to your present UHF antenna and combine the two with a UVSJ UHF-VHF Separator-Joiner.
https://www.newark.com/stellar-labs/...vhf/dp/48Y8141

https://store.antennasdirect.com/antenna-combiner.html
If I were to add a VHF antenna to my current 8 bay, would it be OK to mount it below the 8 bay on the mast? Does it matter if it's below or above the UHF that's already up there?
Thanks!!
ssharnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-Sep-2019, 8:56 PM   #23
rabbit73
Retired A/V Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssharnick View Post
If I were to add a VHF antenna to my current 8 bay, would it be OK to mount it below the 8 bay on the mast? Does it matter if it's below or above the UHF that's already up there?
Thanks!!
VHF below UHF is usually better.
rabbit73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-Sep-2019, 12:30 AM   #24
tuffones

I used to live in that area, close to Trumbull CT. My set up was a long Yagi 91xg pointing New York city Empire state. Also I used to get a Y5713 antenna for New Heaven, New London, Milford, total 45 channels with a signal amplifier.

Now I live in NC, I dont know what are the changes from FCC in the area nowadays.
tuffones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-Sep-2019, 6:19 PM   #25
ssharnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffones View Post
I used to live in that area, close to Trumbull CT. My set up was a long Yagi 91xg pointing New York city Empire state. Also I used to get a Y5713 antenna for New Heaven, New London, Milford, total 45 channels with a signal amplifier.

Now I live in NC, I dont know what are the changes from FCC in the area nowadays.
tuffones-I currently get around 40 =/- 1 or 2, but we usually like WTNH as the WABC affiliate and can't get that dependably. We'll get it right eventually!! On another note, I'm envious you left CT to go to NC.
Old 19-Sep-2019, 5:55 PM   #26
ssharnick

length of cables

Hi all,

If I put up the 2nd antenna, I've read that the 2 coax cables feeding the combiner need to be the same length. Is that really the case?

Thanks.

Shawn
Old 19-Sep-2019, 7:52 PM   #27
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
Hi all,

If I put up the 2nd antenna, I've read that the 2 coax cables feeding the combiner need to be the same length. Is that really the case?

Thanks.

Shawn
No.

The ONLY time that "equal length cables" are needed are when you are attempting to gang two identical antennas aimed in the same direction. Other than that, the relative lengths pretty much don't matter.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Sep-2019, 4:43 AM   #28
ssharnick

Thank you ADTech, and everyone else that has offered assistance!!
Old 21-Sep-2019, 2:09 PM   #29
tuffones

Talking

Quote:
tuffones-I currently get around 40 =/- 1 or 2, but we usually like WTNH as the WABC affiliate and can't get that dependably. We'll get it right eventually!! On another note, I'm envious you left CT to go to NC.
I studied your map and when you said " I m living in a hole" I believe is around Cutsprings Rd, I used to live around John Chanda Park Huntington Rd and Wigwam Ln Rd. The wife and I retired from Sirkorsky Aircraft in 2015, sold and moved to NC. Although the salaries are not so good here, we have a big house and yard. I dont miss CT, taxes are ridiculous...can't retire up there.
tuffones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-Sep-2019, 2:16 PM   #30
ssharnick

You're correct tuffones. Cutspring!! Funny you mention Sikorsky. I was at bic for 22 years and was laid off last march and got a job at Sikorsky and will be celebrating my 1 year anniversary there in a couple of days! Wish I went there years ago for the benefits, but can't change that. Connecticut is getting worse and worse...more new taxes going into effect on Oct. 1st. Enjoy your retirement in NC!!!
Old 6-Dec-2020, 1:55 PM   #31
ssharnick

Well, after a long delay I finally had the RCA 7511 installed this past Friday and I now get WTNH out of New Haven crystal clear as well as a couple other stations I may watch. I'm also getting WCBS out of Long Island which is about 120 degrees "in back of" the direction that the antenna is facing. Before this installation we needed to use YouTube TV to watch content on WCBS or WTNH (local WABC affiliate). Thank you all for all of your help/advice with this question.