TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 20-Oct-2013, 1:28 AM   #1
CJ28226

Help with Reception for 28226

Thanks in advance for the help. I have an RCA 751 antenna in my attic. I have my antenna aimed at 30 degrees of north. I can get all of the major network tv stations except for abc which is channel 9 and the tower is only 10 miles away. It always seems to just pulse in and out. I have about 70 feet of cable going from the antenna to the tv where it connects to my tv box.

Below is my report.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46ae271af13771

Thanks again for any assistance you can provide.
CJ28226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Oct-2013, 6:33 AM   #2
StephanieS

Hi CJ28226,

Take the antenna outside on your roof and test it at magnetic 30 with a clear path to the transmitters.

You might find the problem solves itself.

Many around here aren't fans of attic installations for the reason that it really reduces signal strength arriving at your antenna due to passing through solid materials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ28226 View Post
Thanks in advance for the help. I have an RCA 751 antenna in my attic. I have my antenna aimed at 30 degrees of north. I can get all of the major network tv stations except for abc which is channel 9 and the tower is only 10 miles away. It always seems to just pulse in and out. I have about 70 feet of cable going from the antenna to the tv where it connects to my tv box.

Below is my report.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46ae271af13771

Thanks again for any assistance you can provide.
StephanieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Oct-2013, 2:03 PM   #3
teleview

Praticle and Useful Information.

The Tv reception is Very Strong Signal Strength at your location.

Do Not use any type or kind of signal amplifier.

Attics Are Not a reception friendly environment and Never Will Be a reception friendly environment.

Reasons ,

Multi-path reflections , signals bouncing all around.

Absorbing blocking Tv reception.

Move the antenna to above the roof in such a manner that the roof and building are not , obstructing , impeding , blocking , reception in the directions of , North East , North West , West , South West.

Digital Broadcast Tv Tuners can develop -Digital Glitches- that are not cleared out with simple channel scans.

Do Double Rescan , www.wchstv.com/DoubleReScanAlert.pdf
Old 21-Oct-2013, 4:24 AM   #4
CJ28226

Thanks

I will try to see if I can find a place to move it outside without getting any complaints from HOA and see if I can get any better reception.

Thanks for the replies.
CJ28226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-Oct-2013, 10:59 AM   #5
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Google and read the FCC OTARD rule. Give a copy to the HOA if they make any noise.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-Oct-2013, 11:19 AM   #6
Stereocraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
Google and read the FCC OTARD rule. Give a copy to the HOA if they make any noise.
I would simply ignore them and then have harassment charges brought against them, if they continue.
Stereocraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-Oct-2013, 3:40 AM   #7
teleview

Pratical and Useful Information.

The Federal Antenna Law says that Yes you can install a Broadcast Tv Antenna of any size above the roof so as to have reliable reception.

The Federal Antenna Law makes null and void Hoa rules and regulations that are designed to prevent you from installing a broadcast Tv antenna above the roof in such a manner so as to have reliable reception.

www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

Hoa's and housing covennuts and etc. are well aware of the Federal Antenna Law.

Some Hoa's and etc. are counting on you not being aware of the Federal Antenna Law.

Last edited by teleview; 22-Oct-2013 at 3:50 AM. Reason: Clarify information and Typos.