TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 19-Feb-2014, 8:37 PM   #1
inonval

Summer project- Plans to cut the cable :)

Hello all: I just joined in the hopes of getting help on a planned cable cutting mission this summer. I tried to install a Terk55 3 years ago and failed miserably. I used an existing dish network cable line outside the house, placed it in the attic,
in the living room and all I can get was one channel and it would go in and out. I sold the Terk55 on ebay a couple of months later after several failed attempts. This is my second go at it after learning cable fees in my area are skyrocketing..again.

I am about 70 miles south from New York City and about 60 miles north of PA. Attached is my report from TV Fool.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...5b944edd213c6c

I plan to install in the attic. I have 1 layer of asphalt shingles, wood roof and panels, aluminum gutters and sidings. My house faces East and I have tall trees in the backyard. My house was built new 10 years ago and I have the whole house coax wired (2 line feed) that feed into a main system box in the basement

Any suggestions on best placement, equipment, or any help I can get is very much appreciated.

Thank you!
inonval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Feb-2014, 10:03 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

Depending on the individual attic, you may get lucky... I'd plan on mounting outside, free of the impairments caused by attenuation and increased interference levels in the typical attic.

I'd start by pointing an Antennacraft HD-1850 toward 275° (compass). I'd also run a couple more reports based on 30' & 50' AGL to see if going higher would provide significant improvement in signal conditions.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Feb-2014, 6:34 PM   #3
zeusrock1

Just joined and I'm located in the town next to you. I'll also be trying attic mount pointing toward philly, good luck!
zeusrock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-Feb-2014, 8:15 PM   #4
inonval

Thanks for the replies and suggestions ! Also, good to know I have a neighbor who is on the same cable cutting mission. Reply here if you gain any success in your planned attic install. I'll do the same. Good luck !
inonval is offline   Reply With Quote