TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 4-Jan-2012, 5:54 PM   #1
44Dave
Wants TV

Needs help with antenna selection

I'd like some help with antenna selection.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...7fb95058eff438

Right now I have rabbit ears next to the tv, but that only gets one channel. I can put antennas inside the attic @ 15' but I think I can get 25' if I get an eaves mount with a short mast. It's windy here so I don't want to get a really tall mast and have to guy it, but I could get the mount at 20' and stick a 5' or so mast in it.

I'd really like to get all the channels on the map, 28,8,5,10,11,13 & 19 but 13 & 19 are red channels and they might be too much to fight for. But I definetely want to get both the VHF lo/hi & UHF.
44Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4-Jan-2012, 6:43 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

A single antenna solution would be the Antennacraft C490 or HD1800 aimed at KTVG. If you're driving several sets, a preamp such as the Antennas Direct CPA-19 or Winegard HDP-269 would be plenty.

There are several ways to mount to the gable end of the roof, http://www.3starinc.com/antenna_wall_mounts.html

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4-Jan-2012, 8:13 PM   #3
44Dave
Wants TV

Thanks for the reply.
Those antennas you mention are directional. Are you thinking that if I aim one towards KTVG (west-ish) I can pickup the east-ish stations from the rear? They are pretty strong stations to the east.
Old 4-Jan-2012, 8:21 PM   #4
GroundUrMast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44Dave View Post
Thanks for the reply.
Those antennas you mention are directional. Are you thinking that if I aim one towards KTVG (west-ish) I can pickup the east-ish stations from the rear? They are pretty strong stations to the east.
Yes. I suggested these antennas because they have less Front-to-Back ratio than other similar antennas. Real CH-8 & 10 should be received well by the back side of the antenna.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4-Jan-2012, 8:24 PM   #5
44Dave
Wants TV

Thanks - I will try one of these out.