TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 24-Mar-2015, 6:30 PM   #1
jamesr

Advice on antenna please - Vancouver, Canada

Hello,

I would like to request a recommendation from the experts on this thread as to which type of outdoor antenna I should purchase.

I have reviewed the Antenna Quick Reference, and assume that the 4 Bay Bowtie model is probably the best option, but I have a few questions.

Here is my TV Fool report:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...f1f0a082edbfda

I would prefer to get all the channels in green, yellow, and red listed in the report.

The antenna would be mounted on my roof, which has an unobstructed view of the mountains to the north, from where I understand most of the signal strength would come.

That being said:

- are there newer antennas out there I should consider? I noticed that the Antenna Quick Reference Sticky was posted in 2009
- The report shows most of the signals coming from the northeast, and a few coming from the south. Am I able to capture them all with a single antenna?

I don't have an existing antenna or amp. I do have coaxial wiring from the rooftop to the basement.

Finally, as I live in Canada, it would be nice to get a recommendation for an antenna that's available north of the border.

Thanks
James
jamesr is offline   Reply With Quote