TV Fool  

Go Back   TV Fool > Over The Air Services > Help With Reception

Notices

Old 19-Jan-2014, 5:30 AM   #1
Rosario007

need some advice.

Hi,

I'm new to all of this but I'm really into it. I have done a lot of research, but the more I look the more overwhelming it becomes.

First here's my analysis http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...5b94030953cfc9

I was wondering if I could get the green, yellow and red signals with only one roof antenna. And witch one word you recommend?

I did some test on my one. I built my own DB4 antenna based on plans I found on the net. It's ugly but it was cheap to make and allowed me to run some tests. From my basement I was able to get all the green channels, that's why I was wondering if one antenna would be enough since the signals in the green are quite strong.

As of now I'm hesitating between a cm-3020 or a hd-1800, any thoughts?

All the help will be appreciated.
Rosario007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-Jan-2014, 6:24 AM   #2
GroundUrMast

I would suggest that you start with one antenna, an RCA ANT-751R or Antennacraft HBU-22. test reception from a location such as the roof where there is no obstruction or at least minimal obstruction.

Start by pointing toward the SSE, to see if the modestly directional qualities of these antennas allow you to see both groups simultaneously.

If no single aim point provides adequate reliability of the desired signals, you can re-aim the antenna to receive the stronger local signals. You could then add a second, slightly larger version of the same type antenna and use one of several methods to integrate the two antennas into a useable system. http://forum.tvfool.com/showthread.php?t=2882

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote